• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations for quality (soft) front lift springs

99xjclassic

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have the rough country 4.5 inch series lift. The springs in the front are very stiff. I ws wondering if anyone knew of a good quality manufactured soft spring for the front of my XJ. I have stock bumpers and do not plan on putting anything on the front. It is also my Daily driver.
Thanks, Denton

Might want to look at the shocks,what are you running?
D@mn,I type to slow!

rubicon express is one of the softest ( haha of course id say that). OME is good too but ive heard bad about them recently and i dont think they make spring heights that high. RC sucks, rustys is terrible. Skyjacker kinda does all their research on full sizes...

Going with longarms or drop brackets would improve the ride quality.

You probably need the correct length arms aor adjustables. I've seen quite a few guys run DB at 4.5". RE should be able to get you what you need.

Dam mines to soft, i have the 6.5 rc... It feels like it is floating on the road.. How old is your lift.. I think mine is 1.5 years old now...

my lift is less than 1 year old... I do have rough country adjustable control arms, but they did not adjust in far enough. I had to take the drop brackets off untill I can get different arms.

the hydro shocks are the problem. I had RE 5.5 coils in mine with hydro shocks and it is also very stiff. The shocks are the problem not the coils. The shocks are cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Back