• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE vs. RC: Justify

i used there shocks, i also run 25 psi in my tires, my lift is about a year, my friends are at lest 3 or four years old, they do check all bolts before they go out to off road.. they do alot of slow rock crawling. but they all run the same shock.... your don't sound rude,

scottmcneal said:
look here for a used RE trac-bar, everybody is selling them. ASK YOURSELF WHYARE THEY SELLING THEM???????????? I'll stick with my RC track bar, didn't bend when i bent my front rim an shock... I went sideways off a 2 foot drop off an landed hard on left front rim
"Everybody" is selling their RE trackbars? Really? Which ones? The RE1660 Extreme Duty, or the RE1600 that they got with their 3.5" kits and are selling as they upgrade to the RE1660?

At least they are saleable - the same can't be said for Rusty's trackbars, unless you count selling for scrap.

akennedy99 said:
Fish, are you saying this came with fixed LCA and UCA? where did you get this? and for 370 shipped?

I feel as though I will start with the RC lift, and if I need new products such as a trac-bar, I will go with RE becuase the price is not that substantial for the quality of the special components. I mean springs are springs right? Tell me if this is a good idea?

The kit came with just fixed LCA's not the top.I was told that I didn't need them,but if jumping across a log or two,I think the stock would bend easyer.RC's are built pretty good other then the zirks.As for as a track bar,this weekend I disconnected the stock to see how far out of line things were.After a bounce or two,it settled out about 1/4" off centered from the hole.Not enought to were I think it needs changing out.If it works,DON"T FIX IT!
When I get to work,I will pm the infor from were I got mine.I don't have the info here at home.

I have a RC 4.5" lift with SJ leaf packs, and I CAN'T WAIT to do the change over to RE 5.5XD/LA

I personaly think the RC components/shocks are crap

I DONT SEE WHY PEOPLE THINK RC IS CRAP. I RUN MINE EVERY DAY AND I LOVE IT NO I DONT EXPECT IT TO RIDE LIKE A CADDY ITS A FREAKIN JEEP. I WHEEL MINE EVERY WEEKEND AT THE LOCAL OFF ROAD PARK AND THEN DRIVE IT HOME IVE HAD IT ON FOR A YEAR AND NO PROBLEMS. YOU COULDNT MAKE ME TRADE MY RC KIT FOR ANY OTHER, AND PLUS I KNOW THAT WHEN I DO HAVE A PROBLEM THEY WILL BE THERE TO HELP ME NOT TO JUST GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND LIKE ALOT OF THE OTHERS. PRICE+SERVICE+QUALITY=SOLD TO ME:moon:

I do see why alot of wheelers love RC, it feels like your wheelin while driving on tar :D

"Rough Country" is a good name for it

fjbreaker said:
SO WHY DO YOU HATE IT SO BAD???
Well, if I replaced the their shocks with solid aluminum bars it would ride the same as it does now :D

The bushings are crap, they deteriorate pretty quick.
The springs creek like a MF (but I can live with that)

For the money it's ok, but I wouldn't buy anything from them again.

I'm going to be replacing the RC4.5 with a RE5.5LA kit soon, got the RE shocks already waiting at home.

Your first lift is like "getting laid for the first time,you think its the greatest,till the next one"
My first lift was a RC,it sucked and was removed after 3 months.Then I gave it to a friend who installed it and then replaced it with an RE kit and thru the RC kit away.Ditto on the shocks the original set were to soft,bought the upgrade shocks and took them off after the first day,they were like concrete!

RCP has it right. Those who "love" their RC lifts have not run or can''t afford to run something better.

I've run both Rough Country and Tera arms. And they amazing large pieces of crap: horrible bushings, and lack of flex joint makes them hard on control arm brackets. Plus once the screw (twist) portion wears out the arms are done, no rebuilding. And after new Daystar poly bushings, I couldn't keep it lubed enough to be quiet.

Stick with RE or Currie for control arms.

it's interesting that people are trying to justify the more expensive lift based on bushings....how many sets of bushings do you have to go through before you break even with a more expensive kit!?

as I posted on the RC thread .... i've had my 3" installed for 7 years now with no saggy AAL. RC = maybe the best $300 i've ever spent. :thumbup:

R E the upgrade kit? why upgrade when i buy it once? hmmmmmmmm
i know when i get more than 2000 to throw awy i'll buy the upgrade...NOT

I guess it comes down to is that it's worth it to some to spend the money on quality, to others they can get by on the cheapest option. Whatever floats your boat.

Although I should know better to start this on a forum that celebrates possibly the cheapest 4x4 SUV out there. :D

Another thing I have been noticing as I go through the "XJ Lift Setup" of jeepforum.com is that everyone who has a RE has ended up needing a SYE, but very few people who have RC run them.

Is this due to the ride height of the RE which typically ends up over 4" of lift vs the 3" you get from a RC?

Or is this due to the cheapness of the purcahce right from the start, say you can afford RE so you can afford the SYE?

akennedy99 said:
Another thing I have been noticing as I go through the "XJ Lift Setup" of jeepforum.com is that everyone who has a RE has ended up needing a SYE, but very few people who have RC run them.

Is this due to the ride height of the RE which typically ends up over 4" of lift vs the 3" you get from a RC?

Or is this due to the cheapness of the purcahce right from the start, say you can afford RE so you can afford the SYE?

People who use RE know what they are doing. :D

Y'all are killin me! Bottom line is....Sometimes you get what you pay for. This is one of those times. You can nit-pick all you want. But when you compare the fat ugly chick to the thin attractive one, there is just a winner and a loser. Buck up and spend the couple extra bucks on the RE. You'll be happier.

akennedy99 - I think you answered your own question. It is all about geometry not supplier. And there is a difference of the need of SYE based on year and rear propeller shaft length.

CJ's98XJ said:
Y'all are killin me! Bottom line is....Sometimes you get what you pay for. This is one of those times. You can nit-pick all you want. But when you compare the fat ugly chick to the thin attractive one, there is just a winner and a loser. Buck up and spend the couple extra bucks on the RE. You'll be happier.
LOL... So what are you saying here...people with RC lifts have fat wives?:confused1 :confused1 :confused1

Back