• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5 Superflex Questions

Rocketman,

I am running 32's swamper tsx's on my 6030, they are about warn out. How much do the 33s rub at all, i got some hefy flare chopping.

I was going to do a BB on top of it, but theni got to get new brakelines, upper CA's, etc.

David

I put my RE 6030 on Dec. 4th with the help of some local Jeepers. It's sitting right at 4" all around. I was paranoid, because I read on here that the vibes are bad, but I don't drive on the highway that much/if at all, so haven't had it past 55mph. I get very minor vibes when accelerating. Saving for the SYE right now.

As for the RE 32.5" and 33s, here's a picture form Dirk site ( http://www.dpgoffroad.com ) that shows his hybrid 4" kit with 33s. I asked him about it, he said the only changes to the RE 6030 that they do are his bumpstops, SS front brakelines, adj. trackbar, .75" coil spacer. I think that's all. You will need to trim/bumpstop accordingly. This is my goal eventually.

GCXJ3_re.jpg

My RE SuperFlex went on in May 2004

Brake Lines... I un-did the Z and then drilled a 1/8 hole and screwed the bracket back to the body. Only after the z had been straightened. I believe the Z is there to help with changing calipers. The z in the line prevents the fluid from draining out all the way back to the master cylinder during a caliper change.

As for the track bar..... I first drilled the axle bracket as per the RE instructions.... I made the mistake of allowing the drill to drift upwards a little bit and then the trackbar would not line up with the hole that I drilled. I then went and got the RE adjustable trackbar. It was a $135 hole and was about .125 higher than it should have been.

On the RE adjustable track bar. The stock trackbar has a Tie-Rod-End style ball joint on the body end of the trackbar. This ball joint fits inside a tappered hole on the track bar bracket. RE requires that you drill out the tapper and replace it with a 5/8 bolt. The RE track bar has a HEIM style joint.

I was lucky in the fact that I did have a 12 inch drill press in my garage. I was wishing for a much bigger one on that day. It still took like 2 hours to drill the hole with the press and a 5/8 bit.... I can not imagine trying it with nothing more than a hand drill.

As for the TC. My opinion was that I just lifted the entire Jeep 3.5 inches. I did not wish to give that back by shimming the TC down 3/4 of an inch.

My first round of leafs where in the 2.5-3 inch mark over saggy stock and did not think the vibes were bad until I did the SYE. Then I was surprized at smoothe and quite things were. I have now gone higher on my rear and I am glad to have the SYE. I started with the Dak-Pak and the first round was too Low, I did the SYE , second was too high, Third try was a charm on the leafs but that is another thread.

The Jeep was a daily driver until September of 2005. It was 50 miles per day and I did not think it handled too bad for a lifted jeep... Not stock but not bad.

Back