• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC control arm drop brackets "installed"

mikeypmcg

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the rough country control arm drop brackets, and WOW what a difference! Its like driving an entirely different vehicle. It handles better and the shock of hitting bumps on the wonderful Maine roads is incredibly better. I can feel the shocks and springs absorbing the bumps rather then the control arms. Well worth the 189 bucks.

Quality is excellent and installation was a breeze everything lined up perfectly. Very impressed with this product.

Sounds great, I bought them up front so when I do the install of lift and DB's next weekend I will not be able to compare old vs new ride, just going to have nice ride out of the gate--can't wait...

Just curious how much lift you have?

I have a few hundred miles on mine now and I'm really happy with mine, they improve the ride a lot. I have about 4.5" with mine with stock control arms and they work awesome...not as many random clunks and creaks from under the jeep.

not only does it seem to go away it really goes away! Every day I drive it i am more and more impressed! Even the slight shimmy I had at about 45-50 mph is gone now. Also alot less noises coming from down there!

Pics of install? I am going to be putting my Drop Brackets on soon.
I am at 4.5 inches, a little worried I will not be able to crank my Control arms back to stock length.

I dont have pictures of the actual install process, but the directions that come with them are pretty good. They can be downloaded at http://www.roughcountry.com/install/1627.pdf

and here is a pic of the installed brackets
20080328_2061.jpg

I only drove one day on the lift without the brackets (about 50 miles) but you can tell the differance once they are on!

what he ^ said!

here are some pics of my install, I have been running these for about a month now. They work great. There is another post on here about the same subject if you search you will find it. "Rough Country drop bracket install w/pics" is the name of the other post. disregard the date on the pics it is always wrong, I'm to lazy to change it.

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

100_3943.jpg

100_3942.jpg

Question for you guys.....

I kinda flattened out my "frame" rails out on a log, close behind the stock conrtol arm brackets..... Do you think I'd be able to install them if I went this direction?

tayman said:
Question for you guys.....

I kinda flattened out my "frame" rails out on a log, close behind the stock conrtol arm brackets..... Do you think I'd be able to install them if I went this direction?

I dont see why you would have any problem. You just might have to shim the area under the brace with some flat sheet steel if it is flattened that much and use a longer screw to attach them.

yes that is a custom made bumper on the front of my jeep. It was made here in PA by Mountain Valley Customs. I can give you the number if you want it.

I would like to go to 32's but not until these tires wear out. Right now I'm running 265/70/16's

Some people on here don't like the "D"-rings on the front of my bumper, but they will be strong enough for what I do. If you want them to build you a bumper they will build it anyway you like and put on any "D"-rings you wish how ever you want them mounted.

Thanks for the comments on the Jeep it has taken a lot of time and money to get it where it is, and a lot of blood from fighting with the wife for the money to build it. The best part is she hates the Jeep because of the ride, but will not let me get rid of it. She has "threatened me" saying I will have to keep it until I die. I'm so heartbroken over that.

Back