• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator replacement

Yeah drain from the bottom hose cause that is the way badass people do it. Cause bad ass guys don't give a crap if an innocent creature suffers the horrible reactions to poison, cause only wimps care. Remember its cool to be indifferent as long as you remain immature and irresponsible.

Right Tony?

Yeah drain from the bottom hose cause that is the way badass people do it. Cause bad ass guys don't give a crap if an innocent creature suffers the horrible reactions to poison, cause only wimps care. Remember its cool to be indifferent as long as you remain immature and irresponsible.

Right Tony?

heh heh ......

Poor ol ethylene glycol ......

And its always the minority users that get the blame for ruining the world with something .....

Remember the CFC debacle .... all you old school, nasty people with flyspray cans and yellow bcf car fire extinguishers ... you were destroying the planet .... but it was OK for for refridgerated cargo ships to leak tons of the stuff on a sea journey ... :rolleyes:

Me dumping a coupla gallons of diluted, green, bio-degradable liquid and hosing it down ...... wont be anything like de-icing an airport runway with 100% concentrate .... ;)

And yes it can be an issue if you drink enough of the stuff .....

http://www.inchem.org/documents/cicads/cicads/cicad_22.htm

I collect every last drop, add ice and vodka, and invite my self centered and annoying neighbor over for drinks.

Honestly I dont care if he gets sick.

I just hose mine down and dilute it. Mainly because I am somewhat matured beyond sixth grade and not into inflicting suffering upon animals that pose no threat to me.

I have tasted that stuff on a siphon sip before and my body's reaction was to swallow, as opposed to reject the fumes from gas even before the liquid gets there. I enjoyed the taste of the glycol .

I open the cap and then pop the lower hose off. Use a 12 gallon plastic tote to catch the coolant... I usually only lose about half a cup or so, then hose the area down.

Removing the radiator cap first allows the coolant to flow steadily instead of going everywhere as it repeatedly pulls a vacuum, sucks air back in, splashes coolant back out, etc.

Honestly it's that blasted quick disconnect fitting on the lower side of the tranny cooler that pisses me off the most :smsoap: I usually chop it off and replace with a pair of fuel injection clamps, one before the ridge the other after, it takes a dip in some boiling water to get the hose pliable enough to go past the ridge and after that it's not going anywhere.

Right Tony?

This badass :mad: drains all the coolant into a large basin. Then put it in a big bad, 5 gallon bucket and drive down to the meanie recycling center and pour it into their "cool guys only, no wimps allowed" 200 gallon tank.

I spill a little (maybe a cup or two) on my gravel driveway and hose the Jeep AND the driveway so my little pookie doesn't get sick. All other fluids are handled in the same wimpy way that I do the coolant.

Jeez, get a grip. It's not like I pull over a sewer grate and cut loose with the juice. I like animals too, they're delicious.:chef:

Back