• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R-12

R12 is still plentyfull, & spendy. But, it can only be bought by a certified tech,( like myself). Last time I checked a 30 pounder was around 900$.

And, yes around here J/Y's have to recover all freon from the vehicles. We buy recovered R12 freon from them for 50$ a keg.

Last edited:
I just got 6 lbs of R12..Just cross the mexican border thats all..Cheap price for it too..Total was under 50 bucks..

I pay more than that at my part's house.. Good luck

There is a reason that shit is illegal and shame on you for being one of those DUMB ASSES that does not care about the big picture!! It is people like you that make things worse for those of us that do follow the rules! Oh, did you ever stop to think that someone here might be a Fed.....???? (n)

sooo... we had the old R-12 evacuated and bought the 134 retro fit kit.

put on the adapter for the low pressure fitting and then turned the jeep on, a/c on high, blowers on high and then attached the refill hose to a can of 134, attached the refill hose to the adapter, screwed the valve down to puncture the can, back it off to let the 134 flow into the system, and it seems like none of the 134 is leaving the can to go into the system.

:helpme:

OK, My turn. Same year 1994 XJ. Had the R-12 evacuated. Very little in the system.
Bought the retro fit kit, installed the adapters, screwed on the can onto the gage. Turned on the Jeep, ac on high. First can is still full.

I opened the little valve that has the plastic cover on it, nothing.
At one time the gage was reading pressure in the red and then I freaked out and shut off the motor cause I thought I did something wrong, went back and it's at 0 again with a full can.

FU&^%&)(*&!

Xcastle, what did you finally end up doing? Sounds like the same thing that was happening to you, eh?

:phone:3 0h 3-nine niner 5-won fife 1 ate.

There is a reason that shit is illegal and shame on you for being one of those DUMB ASSES that does not care about the big picture!! It is people like you that make things worse for those of us that do follow the rules! Oh, did you ever stop to think that someone here might be a Fed.....???? (n)

GEE, let's see..I do HVAC for a living..Can i buy this stuff at my parts house? WHY YES i can, but i can't pay 100 bucks a pound..I work for a living..NO OMAMA cash here...:cheers:

PS..Don't get but hurt..

Last edited:
not_this_shit_again.jpg

I have a real problem here! You can all put your dicks away, your going to knock over a lamp or something.

Last edited:
Just remember, turning on the AC to get the compressor clutch activated and does nothing to the compressor if the pressure is already low. The cut off switch will not allow the compressor to turn and you won't get much if any charge into the system. Pull the connector on the compressor and apply 12v to it to energize the clutch on the compressor. The charge should go in at that point.

GEE, let's see..I do HVAC for a living..Can i buy this stuff at my parts house? WHY YES i can, but i can't pay 100 bucks a pound..I work for a living..NO OMAMA cash here....:cheers:..

Whoopty F***IN Doooo, HVAC for a living...... changes nothing!! The shit is still illegal for those outside that kind of trade!! There is a reason for that stuff being like it is and YOU working in that field SOULD know that it destroys Ozone! Without Ozone it would be kind of hard for you to work for a living seeing how life would no longer exist on this planet!!

If you are one of those mindless knuckle draggin morons that does care about the future of this planet, PLEASE do those of us who do care a favor and stand in front of an on coming train!! :looser:

PS..Don't get but hurt..

Not BUTT hurt, just tired of dumb asses who do not give a shit about anybody but themselves!! :looser:

not_this_shit_again.jpg

I have a real problem here! You can all put your dicks away, your going to knock over a lamp or something.

Are you kidding me.............. :twak: Put my dick away...... :yap: You do have a problem...................

I use r12, and I belive in enviromental conservation.

I converted my 134a (max low ~45*) back to r12 because its colder, max low ~12*

And I'm NOT licensed... But that does not mean I didnt/can't do it responsibly.

No one is suggesting to drain into open air.

JEEZ... It is "freak out" people like you that are causing land/fishing closures etc., because they feel that people can't do things like 4wd/fish in a enviromently responsibly manner.
Should there be a license to post on the internet? It could be used to destroy the enviroment.... possibly Earth

JEEZ... It is "freak out" people like you that are causing land/fishing closures etc., because they feel that people can't do things like 4wd/fish in a enviromently responsibly manner.
Should there be a license to post on the internet? It could be used to destroy the enviroment.... possibly Earth

But you did it illegally and that is the point

YOU may have done this in a responsible manor BUT what you did is illegal and YOU did it for what " it is colder "!!!! Stupid!!!!! Like I said " people who care ONLY about themselves " IT'S COLDER.........:dunce: I happen to work in a field where I supervise societies loosers and there is no shortage of people that are CLUELESS who would put that stuff into the atmosphere!! Me a "freak out" person............Ummmmmm..... NO, I am just on of those persons that happens to go clean up and repair trails ect that mindless morons destroy!!

Back