• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PSC Ram mount

XJwheelman

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to be installing a PSC Ram assist kit. Its going on my Dana 30. If I reinforce the steering stabilizer bracket, can I use that to mount the ram?

Im not concerned about strength on the bracket because I'm going to reinforce it, what I am concerned about is will the ram bind up. Im also concerned because my track bar is located at the bottom of the bracket and it seems like there won't be enough room.

What is the best mounting solution for this on a Dana 30?

From what I have found during my search most guys weld tabs to a truss or the diff cover. I have a truss on my D30 but it slants down from the diff and tapers off by the passenger side. Not much room for mounting the ram. Also my diff cover is an Ox Locker and I don't really want to mount it to that.

Im not using a straight track bar that mounts on top of the axle. It mounts below in the stock location. During my search it seems that most people are using a straight bar mounted on top. I would prefer not to change to this type.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can you even use the ram on the drag link like that? I always thought it should go on the tie rod to help with the lateral movement and take stress off of the box

Back