• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proven wrong.....

atxchris1234

NAXJA Forum User
A friend was telling me that he was going to get a 3" body lift for christmas for his 88 cherokee. I told him that it would be impossible due to the cherokee having a unibody and that he would have to get a susp. lift....

So he begins to go on and on and on... listing all these companies that make body lifts for the cherokee. blah blah blah. He even went so far as to imply that I didn't know what I was talking about by saying "do you need me to go on?" and then laughing at his "varitable wealth of knowledge" on the situation. I thought the conversation was funny and took it lightly.

So, I thought it would be funny... (just to spite him) if I posted a thread on here and got everyones opinion on the matter. Then I plan on printing the final thread out and taping it to his door after writing in black ink... "need I go on?"

:)

So, what are your opinions? Is it possible to buy a body lift for a cherokee or is he just blabbing about stuff he really has no clue about?

HA

slap your friend, then...

slap him again for me

the xj cherokee (after 1983) is a UNIBODY and this has been covered numerous times. though i am in a good mood today and you seem innocent...

no frame = no separate body = no body lift

bring him to his cherokee, tell him to look at the underside of it, and ask him to point to you where he would be putting the body lift spacers.... if he points at places report back, dont tell him hes 1x10^1000 % wrong then, i want to see what he says actually, because bull shitters never like to get caught in lies, he will most likely point to some areas and say, well there, and there and here. then report

Last edited:
atxchris1234 said:
A friend was telling me that he was going to get a 3" body lift for christmas for his 88 cherokee. I told him that it would be impossible due to the cherokee having a unibody and that he would have to get a susp. lift....

So he begins to go on and on and on... listing all these companies that make body lifts for the cherokee. blah blah blah. He even went so far as to imply that I didn't know what I was talking about by saying "do you need me to go on?" and then laughing at his "varitable wealth of knowledge" on the situation. I thought the conversation was funny and took it lightly.

So, I thought it would be funny... (just to spite him) if I posted a thread on here and got everyones opinion on the matter. Then I plan on printing the final thread out and taping it to his door after writing in black ink... "need I go on?"

:)

So, what are your opinions? Is it possible to buy a body lift for a cherokee or is he just blabbing about stuff he really has no clue about?

You can get a body lift - if the Cherokee is 1983 and older. Apart from that, it ain't gonna happen without a decent welder and some serious fabrication. Period.

I've got an 88 - and I can tell you right now there's no such thing as a bolt-on body lift for the 1988 Cherokee - it ain't gonna happen...

How's that for starters? I'm starting to wonder if he was either A) truly ignorant (which can be fixed,) B) a little on the dumb side (which can't,) or C) blowing sunshine up your arse (which is just a pain to deal with.)

5-90

5-90 said:
I've got an 88 - and I can tell you right now there's no such thing as a bolt-on body lift for the 1988 Cherokee - it ain't gonna happen...

Maybe not a bolt-on, sure. But he could always grind off the frame rails, box in their tops, weld some spacers in, then reattach the whole thing back to the body. Voila, XJ body lift ;)

5-90 said:
You can get a body lift - if the Cherokee is 1983 and older. Apart from that, it ain't gonna happen without a decent welder and some serious fabrication. Period.

5-90

Didn't I just say that?:looser:

5-90 said:
Didn't I just say that?:looser:

Gah, need food. Missed the second half of that sentence completely.

Either way, it'd be entertaining to watch him try to do it :)

I always crack up when this surfaces. There are two kinds of Cherokees; the older full size (FSJ) and what we have (XJ). The older Cherokee is just like a Grand Wagoneer, so it does have a frame. So they do sell Body Lifts for it. So we always have a dumb as a sack of rocks XJ owner running around, and seeing the body lift for a Cherokee, and going, I am so getting one of those. Even if you didn't know the FSJ Cherokee ever existed, you should be intelligent enough to know that you can't possibly put a body lift on yours. His argument that he can, just because they sell them, magnifies his lack of knowledge of the basics of his own vehicle...............:twak:

Don't even worry about this thread. Get him outside with his XJ, and tell him to crawl underneath, and tell you where he is going to install the body lift.

What a MORON!!!

He needs to be smacked upside the head and someone needs to take his XJ away from him..

:dunce:

Elias
Just call me "E"

91 Jeep Project said:
Don't even worry about this thread. Get him outside with his XJ, and tell him to crawl underneath, and tell you where he is going to install the body lift.

exactly what i said.

what do you suspect hed say? id like to see his creativity run wild there

i could see yea, crossmember mount (if the poster where an idiot to believe it) maybe hed point out the shackle box (for some reason) and id like to hear that he pointed to the upper coil bucket (not realizing that the spacers there qualify as suspension lifts lol)

other than that i dont know...

EliasJ123 said:
Elias
Just call me "E"

I prefer Elias....

4mov0716.standalone.jpg

Tell him to show you where they sell them from these companies, but the best thing is, go out there and be like, alright man, I'll agree with you, you were right, here, lets look under here. Wait what the hell, where did the frame go? why isn't it separate fromt he body?

begster said:
Tell him to show you where they sell them from these companies, but the best thing is, go out there and be like, alright man, I'll agree with you, you were right, here, lets look under here. Wait what the hell, where did the frame go? why isn't it separate fromt he body?

Thats almost as funny as the first time it was suggested.

If it were me I would pick up BL for a Wrangler or something, take it out of the box and give it to him and say, "Dude! I got you this body lift for Christmas, now lets go out there and put it on". It wont take long for him to realize how big of an un-educated idiot he is.

91 Jeep Project said:
I prefer Elias....

4mov0716.standalone.jpg
Maybe we should cross dicks too

Back