• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Rubicon This!"

Is that Les' tree?

mac 'thought that got cut down' gyvr

No it's not. Unless something changed at the last clean up, we decided to leave Les' tree. At least that way you can see it instead of a stump buried under the mud.

No it's not. Unless something changed at the last clean up, we decided to leave Les' tree. At least that way you can see it instead of a stump buried under the mud.

Its still there......Needs to be gone when its wet but isn't bad when it hasn't rained in 3 months!

perhaps you should put a "stop" sign on it and a placard denoting whose tree it is.

Got up kinda early Saturday morning and went out to a buddy's house to help another buddy fix some brake lines on his K5. Got home that afternoon to find a box on my porch with the Aussie for the 8.25 in there. Stoked!

Got up kinda early Saturday morning and went out to a buddy's house to help another buddy fix some brake lines on his K5. Got home that afternoon to find a box on my porch with the Aussie for the 8.25 in there. Stoked!

crap, you hit a tree with open diffs, how you going to miss them with the rear axle pushing you straight?

crap, you hit a tree with open diffs, how you going to miss them with the rear axle pushing you straight?

:roflmao: that's not nice Nate!

Front's already locked and I crawled right past it this year. So, :peace: JOG ON!

with being locked front, rear, all 4 doors and the hatch......your locked up like Pelican Bay....careful with that prison shank.

Cheese "I'll trade you 2 cigs for that pack of ho-ho's" Man

:roflmao: that's not nice Nate!

meh, I'm feeling froggy as of late, and Josh has just been a target of opportunity. Enjoy your time off.

besides, he still owes me for getting his girlfriend to like guns.

meh, I'm feeling froggy as of late, and Josh has just been a target of opportunity. Enjoy your time off.

besides, he still owes me for getting his girlfriend to like guns.

And if she winds up shooting me, im coming after you first...whether that be in body or in spirit, you will pay.

And if she winds up shooting me, im coming after you first...whether that be in body or in spirit, you will pay.

you know I had a witty comment, but then I decided it was too mean, even for me. :peace:

It's nice to know that you'll be around forever haunting me though, at least I'll have some company.

I pulled the Jeep in the shop Saturday morning to drill out the broken bolts from the motor mount. Sadly, I'm starting to think that I won't be able to fix the problem without pulling the engine out to drill and retap the holes...

I pulled the Jeep in the shop Saturday morning to drill out the broken bolts from the motor mount. Sadly, I'm starting to think that I won't be able to fix the problem without pulling the engine out to drill and retap the holes...

It was a major PITA, but I did manage to do mine without pulling the engine.

What is it that's holding you up?

Well, I started out trying to drill into the bolts and was getting nowhere fast. So I switched over to a mini angle grinder and that started doing work. Then the bit took off on an angle and went into the cast. I started in on another bolt and had it happen again. I suppose if I take out the bracket that's bolted to the unibody, I may have a bit more luck. I'm going to bring it in tomorrow again and see if a guy here has any bright ideas. He's pretty good at going about things from a different view.

I used some good quality stubby bits in my makita angle drill, starting with 1/8". And used a 2x4 as a lever to apply some serious pressure. I did get into the block a little, but hopefully compensated by welding a piece onto the block bracket to pick up another threaded hole just to the right.

It's been almost 2 years and 20k miles, with plenty of hard launches on an AX-15, and no problems. And now that I said that, I better go change the bolts now :D

Josh, can you not put a nut over the bolt and fill it with weld and then back it out that way with a socket or wrench? I have done that before with sheared off bolts and had decent success. Just another angle to look at. :dunno: I helped a buddy get sheared bolts out of a TJ block by doing that and we even used a torch to mildly heat the area around the sheared bolt before we tried to extract it...granted it was a 4 banger and a bit more room to work around.

soundbar.jpg

Great looking Jeep Josh! How much for the license plate and whatever the heck is on your blue cabinet shipped to 50312? :) And...I'm not kidding by the way, if they're for sale.

Josh, can you not put a nut over the bolt and fill it with weld and then back it out that way with a socket or wrench? I have done that before with sheared off bolts and had decent success. Just another angle to look at. :dunno: I helped a buddy get sheared bolts out of a TJ block by doing that and we even used a torch to mildly heat the area around the sheared bolt before we tried to extract it...granted it was a 4 banger and a bit more room to work around.

The best bolt is broken off flush...that might be a possibility for that one. We'll get a better idea tomorrow.
Great looking Jeep Josh! How much for the license plate and whatever the heck is on your blue cabinet shipped to 50312? :) And...I'm not kidding by the way, if they're for sale.

Collin, I can for sure tell you I can't sell you the big magnetic sign on the bench, but I'm sure I can get you a license plate and maybe a couple stickers that we put on our inventory. Shoot me a pm with your address.

Back