• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "Rubicon This!"

So, axle is in. Detroit is in. Solid diff cover is on. There's only a handful of things I have left to do to this thing before Winterfest. I'm getting pretty excited to see what kind of things it will do with all the mods I have done to it this last year.

More stickers is a must! :D

Here she is in current trim.
jeep55.jpg

If you haven't kept up with the build thread, I'll give you a quick rundown of what is on her.

Front D30, Homebrew diff cover, Aussie, 4.10 gears, V8 ZJ steering from box to TREs, Rough Country track bar, Rubicon Express 5.5" coils, Rusty's shocks, Rough Country long arms.

Rear Exploder 8.8, Solid diff cover, Detroit, 4.10 gears, TNT U-bolt eliminators 1" lift, Rusty's 3.5" leaf packs, HD Offroad Engineering shackle relocation brackets, Rusty's shocks.

Drivetrain Stock 4.0, Brown Dog motor mounts, 231 w/Advance Adapters SYE, XJ front drive shaft in rear w/flange adapter for 8.8, unknown brand wheels, 32x11.5x15 Goodyear MTRs.

Recovery/Armor Unknown front winch bumper w/Rough Country RS9500 winch, unknown rear tire carrier bumper, rear hitch, factory gas tank skid, Rough Country t-case skid from long arm kit, 2x6 rocker replacement.

It's been a few years in the making and the progress has been slow at times, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be how she sits for quite a while aside from the random accessory or other doo-dad I install.

Last edited:
For those of you who follow the build thread but haven't seen either my Facebook profile pic or if you haven't seen one of these pics already, here is what she looked like at Winterfest.
josh3.jpg

The video of me getting out of the v-notch.

And the winch rope I acquired from HoBag at Winterfest that I finally got around to putting on sometime in May.
winchrope1.jpg

I'm currently dragging my feet on doing my OBA setup.

Last edited:
Back