• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project L.A.S.R.

0800 today: woke after a short nap, look outside at jeep on trailer, damn its snowing/raining, get dressed, go out unload jeep, park it in the garage, back to bed
4356528511_c09f8c2947_b.jpg

you guys got a lot done! great work fellows.

So the next project day will be spent on cleaning EDs garage? hehe

check the fuel pressure in the rail when you crank it. it should read 39lbs
could explain why its not starting

mark

Started around noon today putting the panels back on, everything has lined up pretty good so far, not bad for a tweaked body, I still have to make some adjustments.

heres the progress so far today...

4359777893_f34e414644_b.jpg

4360518388_400f910dae_b.jpg

4360518540_9a404cbff7_b.jpg

gonna start sanding now and filling a few dings, stay tuned...

So the next project day will be spent on cleaning EDs garage? hehe

I know. I've got so much stuff I'm trying to keep out of the weather and not enough shelves to organize it properly.

I got a little done in the few hours after work before bed, removed all the glass (except hatch), removed all the lights, locks, handles, grille, latches, door pins, and finished filling the dents now its ready for final sanding

4363810031_3ac5b62d2b_b.jpg

4364550518_12345c243c_b.jpg

after using some body filler, I'm really impressed how well the pillar turned out.

I'll be working on this for the next few days, I hope to get alot done, I want to get it back to factory condition first, then start modifying from there.

KP :patriot:

Great progress!

looking good dude... just one thing... i still dont know what lasr stands for....
lol, well i was gonna go with a storm chasing cherokee that was lightly armored, maybe remote controlled, so my first intention was "Lightweight Armored Storm Rover" or something like that, then Ckale1 said "Last attempt at Stopping Rust" and thats kinda cool, it sums up the whole project. Now after watching so many doomsday movies, im kinda liking the idea of a Zombie Jeep, or something like that, armored up like the Hilux trucks in District 9...

4365491756_e7d7fc636a_b.jpg

3868786273_11d793d343_b.jpg

Jeep looks awesome. Glad you were able to keep it from the scrap yard. No post in so long I was starting to think you had given up on it...

Thanks man ! yeah got slow over the holidays, but im back up in full swing, im at work now but i plan on getting into again tonight when i get home, oh yeah, ive preserved all the stickers too, thats like an extra 50hp there, lol

bigalpha said:
Isn't that the truck from District 9?

after watching so many doomsday movies, im kinda liking the idea of a Zombie Jeep, or something like that, armored up like the Hilux trucks in District 9...

no problem, i searched high and low for some blueprint of the XJ but came up with nothing, so i took a normal digital pic, then used the "coloring book" feature that came with the camera software then MS paint to clean up the background

Back