• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Florida Crawler 2

My first post! I bought my first jeep recently and had been looking into what lift I wanted. I stumbled across ORI and started searching which is how I found your build. I've always built street racing cars and am getting out of that and into crawling.
Your build is close to what I've been planning but wasn't sure on ORI as there really isn't much info out there. I want to run 37s with ability to go 40s pretty much just like you did! Great looking jeep you have built and thanks for all the info! I'll probably ask questions once I start my build.

My first post! I bought my first jeep recently and had been looking into what lift I wanted. I stumbled across ORI and started searching which is how I found your build. I've always built street racing cars and am getting out of that and into crawling.
Your build is close to what I've been planning but wasn't sure on ORI as there really isn't much info out there. I want to run 37s with ability to go 40s pretty much just like you did! Great looking jeep you have built and thanks for all the info! I'll probably ask questions once I start my build.

Appreciate it man

Man you were just a couple hours from some awesome wheeling in WV. Next time you guys make a trip let me know and I'll set something up for you.

Did the FAR groups 2016 wheeling trip last week. ill do a day to day kind of post when i get a chance but the event started in Bedford, KY at Dirty Turtle offroad, then a road day with a few stops, then we wheeled Slade, KY/ Daniel boone National forest, then another road day, ending up in Harlan, KY for the final wheeling day.

Overall was a real cool trip, but definitely tiring.

So ill start with the first day. got the jeep all loaded up with everything we needed, including the spare on the roof...

since this was the first trip like this for me, we figured we would take the extra insurance and atleast tow up to the starting point. or at least near it. the starting point was in Bedford, KY. but since i didn't know anywhere to leave a truck and trailer near there we left it at a friends house in TN. which was about a 4.5 hour drive from there to bedford. We left just after 4AM Sunday morning from Atlantic Beach, FL.

We made it to my friends house around 1ish in the afternoon. We unloaded and began our trip at around 2pm to the starting point. was a mostly successful trip with no issues minus a little bit of traffic. Even managed to get just over 12mpg driving around loaded with gear through the mountain roads and highways. which was pretty nice considering i only have a 15gallon tank .

After a couple stops for fuel and food we made it to our starting point a little after 6:30 in the evening.

starting point was Dirty Turtle Offroad in Bedford, KY. where we met up with everyone, checked into the park and got our cabin and park pass. and just used the rest of the night to hang out with the group and wind down from the long drive

started the first day of wheeling off with at dirty turtle offroad. was a pretty cool place with a bunch of really muddy hill climbs. a little more sloppy than i usually like, but was still really fun.

ran a few of the muddy rocky trails and had a pretty good time. then joined the group and all went out to eat to end the day.

and that ended the first day of wheeling. a pretty nice warmup for the week. there are a ton of pictures that were taken that day, but it takes way too long to post them. lol

took a solo picture with the sign and went back had a camp fire with the group and called it a night.

Day 2 of the FAR 2016 trip.

we got up, loaded up and headed out on the first road day.a

Ended up at the Mega Caverns in Louisville,KY to do some underground zip lining,along with taking a driving tour through the cavern to see what all it had. The place was massive, even had a HUGE bike course.

we left, we all ate, hit up a local walmart to restock some supplies and hit the road again.

after some time on the road we ended up at our final destination for the night. Slade, KY. where we all stayed the night in a lodge.

the next day on our trip started out in Slade,KY in the Daniel Boone National Forest

the group airing down.

this was the first big obstacle we came up to called "gatekeeper" . it was pretty fun. i had a couple issues withe the front locker switch, but ultimately made it over.

this was the first time we had seen snow on the trip.....so of course snowballs were made and thrown...

after some scenic trail riding we started our journey to the next stop.

Back