• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Florida Crawler 2

one of the few complaints i have with my driveshaft is that I break driveshafts too often. mainly the 1310 CV sections. and the only reason i run 1310 CVs is that i fear breaking my transfercase setup.

Now, i love the doubler. but i want the ability to just lay into it when i want and keep on rolling along. and also i want to go ahead and get the TCase portion of my jeep beefed up, so when i finally do go V8 ill have one less thing i need to upgrade.

i went back and forth on a couple options. The Atlas4 and a NP205/crawl box were at the top of the list since i still wanted gearing options.

I ended up deciding on the 205/crawl box, mainly because of the cost difference, but also the fact that NP205s are extremely robust. and i will be pairing that with a Titan Black Box from NWF. so ill still have a decent low/low option and ill have a crawl box that i can just put into single low and not have any concern about breaking the intermediate shaft. i will need to do some more floor work and potentially some crossmember work to make it fit but i think it will still be a solid option for me.

so, i picked up a Ford205 a week ago and just sold my doubler today to someone who I'm sure will love it as much as i did.

Tore the 205 down to inspect everything/ possibly shave the top portion, and to await the new input gear of the Titan box.[/URL[URL=http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/sfrautomotive/media/00xj/Screenshot_20161229-221329_zpsiwanmmzv.png.html]

Jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so when you bringing it up north with some treps?

I'm more of an sx fan myself.

But I really want to plan a trip to try some spots up there. It's a little more than twice as far as my normal TN, KY, AL trips so I have to plan out pretty far

basically have just been driving it and messing with it.

i had some issues with the rear RCVs leaking because i didn't seal them well enough and just kind of threw them in one night after work. so i tore it down and resealed it, so far staying dry.

also decided to install the weld on high steer.
cut off the old double sheer mount i made for it
welded the new stuff on. spent a little more time than id have liked making everything fit. but it seems good now. we will see next time it goes wheeling.

The Titan box from NWF showed up. this thing is nice. everything looks very well made and the shifter is all nice quality. i shouldn't have any problems with this

the new 205 input/doubler stub shaft

all the parts that came with it

so i got around to tossing back together the 205 and mocking up the crawl box so i can start getting it into the jeep

now it was time to bring the XJ back in the shop and start the install

temporary p231 back out.

i had done a bit of floor work earlier in this build to make room for the 231/300 doubler....and i had to cut all that out and extend the opening forward a little bit. the good news is it will fit without me having the shave the top of the 205 off because of the previous work

it tucks up between the rails nicely and it looks like ill still be able to do a flat belly skid.

i went ahead and ordered a new rear shaft to account for the different lengths and ill just shorten the front myself.

but i still need to mount the cable shifter for the titan box, build the shifters for the 205, pull the whole thing back out and seal it all up, plate the floor back in to seal it up, then build a rear mount for the 205, and i should be good to go.

tossed together a rear mount and made up some shifters for the 205.

then pulled everything apart and sealed it all up to toss in the jeep

back to drivable again.

I have a race I'm participating in this weekend i need to get prepped for. so i have a few things i need to get done
-Build a new H frame to connect the front and rear crossmember with a mounting point for the rear Tcase mount
-Install a new front driveshaft
-do a full suspension alignment
-bump up the ORIs a little bit to handle racing it a little better
-adjust the rear pinion angle to account for the new driveshaft angle
-and there is probably something else I'm forgetting

Nice build. I run a 203/205 and like it but am thinking about going to a NWF BB at some point. You should try and make the SEC Crawl this year in Harlan.

Nice build. I run a 203/205 and like it but am thinking about going to a NWF BB at some point. You should try and make the SEC Crawl this year in Harlan.

When you're ready to ditch the 203 holler at me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i ended up doing the race in Ocala. for it being the 2nd year of the event it had a good turnout with 3 different classes and payouts for each class.

i finished around the middle time wise, which is kinda what i expected given how underpowered and heavy my jeep is. only carnage for me was a bent wheel. but i hammered that out and drove home fine. everything else worked out great . didn't have any steering issues and the new Tcase setup worked great, minus me not being used to shifting it. the way i have it setup the 205 shifts the opposite way that my d300 doubler shifted. so that will take some getting used to.

so i got a call last week that i made the dirty dozen for the UA2017.

pretty much a huge bucket list thing for me and this jeep.

so, just incase i make the final cut ill be doing some prep work to be ready for whatever/wherever

Back