• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "BlacknBlueBallz"

Attach the lower mount to the axle, then push the upper down as you swing it in to line up the bolt in the fender. Or jack up the body to let the axle droop so less to compress.

As for projects I have more then I should. Im down is DS and chances are some of the parts on the MJ are from me.

Yeah that's how I ended up having to install it, bottom first. I did try lifting the body up but with the lift on it I couldn't get my floor jack high enough to make anything easier. I used a 4x4 on the jack to get more height but that got very unstable quickly.

It's very possible. From what Collin told me it sounds like these parts are from quite a few different vehicles.

Well I guess the 2dr can stay for now. I came across a 95 xj with 165k miles and stole it for $800. It's super clean on the inside and runs pretty good. Needs a tuneup but otherwise it's in good shape, minus the rear cargo light. The motor does sit leaning towards the passenger side but from what I can tell the motor mount looks fine. Any ideas? I'll be digging deeper into this thing tomorrow but overall this thing is pretty nice. I have to do something about the hideous logos on the steering wheel cover....
6b0cec9107e5a8ff0d57958fdab6acfd.jpg
144357a45cbd05047d895d2c0e1cf6d6.jpg
8d0968b3b57c9f0c6c24923a2c397ccb.jpg
96df083f5c24c6af551ae6093e57d22b.jpg
cdc59197aecce634063a22dc6c8d55d6.jpg
bcecd26037cacdb58a118f91df22b994.jpg
2c17c8db69158ce9ccadd882884fd7fe.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

When I got my 95 2-door, guy claimed the motor mount was broke. Didn't look too closely but could tell the motor was moving, was happy to pay $500 for it as it ran really good.
Turned out the mount was fine, bolts from it to the block were broken.

When I got my 95 2-door, guy claimed the motor mount was broke. Didn't look too closely but could tell the motor was moving, was happy to pay $500 for it as it ran really good.
Turned out the mount was fine, bolts from it to the block were broken.

Well I hope that isn't the case for me. What did you do to fix it? The motor in this one doesn't move at all. Even with me pushing on it pretty hard. I will do a thorough investigation tomorrow.

Have someone firmly hold the brakes, give it a little gas in forward and reverse, while you observe from a safe distance. Unless you're Schwarzenegger-sized, you're not likely to be able to move the whole engine/trans/t-case combination by hand.

I used a compact right angle drill with stubby reverse spiral drill bits. Was able to extract a couple, had to drill larger and tap a couple, then welded pieces onto new mount to pick up a couple more existing holes in block.
Held up to years of driving it like I stole it, with the AX-15 too.

Have someone firmly hold the brakes, give it a little gas in forward and reverse, while you observe from a safe distance. Unless you're Schwarzenegger-sized, you're not likely to be able to move the whole engine/trans/t-case combination by hand.

I used a compact right angle drill with stubby reverse spiral drill bits. Was able to extract a couple, had to drill larger and tap a couple, then welded pieces onto new mount to pick up a couple more existing holes in block.
Held up to years of driving it like I stole it, with the AX-15 too.

Well I am 6'4" and 355LBS of ex-football player so I'm definitely not small. I was able to fenangle my MJ motor around when installing the browndog mounts so I figured the pushing/shacking it was a good test.

That sounds like a pain in the arse. I suppose you had to pull the motor?

If the mount did break the mounting bosses on block, which is most likely what happened. Just use a brown dog mount or similar. That's what I had to do.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

No, with the angle drill, stubby bits, and jacking up the motor as far as it would go, I was able to do it without pulling it. It was a pain, but nothing compared to pulling the motor.

Well it turns out my passenger side bolts were broke off in the block. Spent 15 mins on it myself, said screw this. Spent 1 hour and $116 at Midas in ankeny and they got 2 of the 3 bolts out and replaced with grade 8 with lockwasher and lock tight. So $916 later I've got a nice new Jeep!

Well it turns out my passenger side bolts were broke off in the block. Spent 15 mins on it myself, said screw this. Spent 1 hour and $116 at Midas in ankeny and they got 2 of the 3 bolts out and replaced with grade 8 with lockwasher and lock tight. So $916 later I've got a nice new Jeep!

I would still do as john did or get another mount that takes up more holes. In my opinion 2 bolts just aren't gonna cut it.

And if grade 8 bolts break, they won't be too easy to extract

Just don't drive like me :D

Yeah after I recoup some cash I will definitely be getting some better mounts for it. In the mean time I'll be driving it carefully enough that I shouldn't have any problems.

Dont let all the Nancys get you too worked up, just drive it. If it goes again You fix it. Lots of them on the road without the fancy overpriced mounts....

Dont let all the Nancys get you too worked up, just drive it. If it goes again You fix it. Lots of them on the road without the fancy overpriced mounts....
Nothing like fixing stuff over and over when it could of been solved the first time. But hay your the pro. I'll make sure I don't buy any vehicles from you.

I'm sure it would be OK to leave it as is for just a DD but for me I'd rather have it over done since I will put this thing to work and would rather not deal with it breaking again. Eventually this will end up being a really capable offroad rig so its not a bad investment IMO.

Nothing like fixing stuff over and over when it could of been solved the first time. But hay your the pro. I'll make sure I don't buy any vehicles from you.

Da'fuk? You want to complain then take it to Important.

OK stop arguing. You both have your reasons for your opinion on the subject but we don't need to get nasty. I appreciate the input from all sides of it.

Back