• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Places to ride in the Southeast...

if you are in wilmington nc area, 15 miles south is a beach park for 4wheeling call freemans park. 10 bucks per 24 hr period, however you can camp fish 4 wheel etc

We have an ORV Park near Heflin, AL. Rock gardens, rock ledges, trail riding, mud, hill climbs, ect. Not too far from the GA line either. We would love to have you guys out here sometime.

Morris Mountain ORV Park
(256) 310-5465
(256) 488-5465

Last edited:
Repost in another thead, but I'll put it here too

VA Madison / Conway trail - Stock Jeeps are not recomended

Some of the terrain is very rocky with deep water and difficult rock decents. In fact, as soon as you get to the trail you go straight down over a few rocks into the stream. Directions are fairly easy. From Charlottesville you take 29 North for about 20 miles. Then take left at traffic light (burger king / exxon) onto 33 West; take 33 West for a few miles and then take right at traffic light onto 33 West Business (also called Spotsville Rd.) Take spotswood for 1.3 miles and then take right onto Madison. Take Madison for 2.6 miles and then take left on Middle River Rd. (also called rt. 667). Follow this to the trail head .You should cross two concrete bridges on your way to the trail. The trail head is an immediate decent into a stream crossing. This trail is lightly used and is not on GWNF lands....it is in Shenendoah instead.....it is legal, but no fires or TRASH allowed.

This trail can be difficult or easy, it all depends on what you do and how you do it. There are bypasses around some obstacles but a stock jeep will probably need help in one or two spots.

conwaymap2.jpg

conway3.jpg

Some Updates

Prentice Cooper is open but all the trails are closed off for a while.

Coppengers Cove is sold again, but you can still get in and ride around at the top end from the water fall down to around Butterstack ridge. Some people I know went to the bottom end last weekend and there has been an attempt to doze a pile of dirt in to close the road from that side.

woody said:
I saw no mention of 4x4s on their website? Have you been there before and what's it like?

I haven't been there, but I pulled that link off another Jeep forum, and they really like the place. I think it is a public area, and the link is just a camp ground that they use.

RenegadeStang said:
I was told about a public unmaintained road in NC on I-40W near MM7. It's called Hurricane Creek.

It is there, the trail literally turns directly off of I-40 and goes on up to come out near the top of Max Patch road if it is all open.

The whole Pigeon River Gorge area has a number of good trails... drop me a line sometime and we will head that way.

fire325 said:
Link to the New Off Road Park in KY http://www.kyorvpark.com :NAXJA: #579

tsgolo said:
Went to KYORV Saturday and it is a great place to off-road. A lot of the trails were new so there's lots of brush, that was the only negative. They've got trails for stockers, all the way to the big dogs! In fact, no one has done their "Lot Challenge" yet!

See our xj's at KYORV:
http://community.webshots.com/user/cherokeeoffroad

Just thought I'd update this. I know it's already been covered, but not in this thread since it's a sticky.

KY ORV park as been closed for good. The land is for sale.

919Chief said:
It is there, the trail literally turns directly off of I-40 and goes on up to come out near the top of Max Patch road if it is all open.

The whole Pigeon River Gorge area has a number of good trails... drop me a line sometime and we will head that way.

is the whole trail / road passable with a stock XJ?

ajeeperwannabe said:
is the whole trail / road passable with a stock XJ?

Hurricane creek is for the lower half, I have not been on the upper half in a few years (been away from the area) but it was when I went there.

There are numerous other trails as well, i hope to map them out in the next month or so with a report on them to post here.

Here is the start point for Hurricane Creek, it does literally turn right off the interstate.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=17&n=3955120&e=316743&size=l&datum=nad83

Last edited:
CLOSED

IH8RDS said:
Repost in another thead, but I'll put it here too

VA Madison / Conway trail - Stock Jeeps are not recomended

Some of the terrain is very rocky with deep water and difficult rock decents. In fact, as soon as you get to the trail you go straight down over a few rocks into the stream. Directions are fairly easy. From Charlottesville you take 29 North for about 20 miles. Then take left at traffic light (burger king / exxon) onto 33 West; take 33 West for a few miles and then take right at traffic light onto 33 West Business (also called Spotsville Rd.) Take spotswood for 1.3 miles and then take right onto Madison. Take Madison for 2.6 miles and then take left on Middle River Rd. (also called rt. 667). Follow this to the trail head .You should cross two concrete bridges on your way to the trail. The trail head is an immediate decent into a stream crossing. This trail is lightly used and is not on GWNF lands....it is in Shenendoah instead.....it is legal, but no fires or TRASH allowed.

This trail can be difficult or easy, it all depends on what you do and how you do it. There are bypasses around some obstacles but a stock jeep will probably need help in one or two spots.

conwaymap2.jpg

conway3.jpg

CLOSED

Back