• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PDX / Vanc Annual Thanksgiving Run @ TSF

Re: PDX / Vanc Annual Thanksgiving Run

BTT

anyone else plannin on going ?

I'm a for sure on this one, The Dana 44 will be done and I should have some 35s. The will be Crusher action and another round with mini rubi.

hmmm, mini rubi with snow..
I'll Take pics of you guys!

damn someone must have an extra seat, ill br the photographer...

Whats the terrain like/difficulty?

I'm still down, asked for the days off...and I'll probably get them. Currently the rig is in the back to get all me new goodies (winch bumper, c-rock plates, riddler d30 cover, zj tierod, hella 500 lights, hi-lift mount inside, herculine the whole interior).

~Scott

P.S. I MIGHT have an extra seat. And Waxj, still down to convoy?

How's the gear situation coming along? Find a replacement for the rear?

No luck finding anything so I think I'm going to gear the front 44 @ 4.88 and down the road do a 4:1 tcase.

Whats the terrain like/difficulty?

~Scott

P.S. I MIGHT have an extra seat. And Waxj, still down to convoy?

the terrain at TSF is completely different in the snow (which there may or may not be?). open / open is doable but a TAD is recommended. There are bypasses for every trail if need be.

the terrain at TSF is completely different in the snow (which there may or may not be?). open / open is doable but a TAD is recommended. There are bypasses for every trail if need be.

TAD? What is this..."TAD" you speak of? I saw some pics from last year, looks like fun. And comparing my rig to some of the others...looks like I could do it.

~Scott

TAD? What is this..."TAD" you speak of? I saw some pics from last year, looks like fun. And comparing my rig to some of the others...looks like I could do it.

~Scott
Traction
Aiding
Device

AKA a locker.

Traction
Aiding
Device

AKA a locker.

Gotcha. Unfortunatly a locker wont be happening before this event. Next year though...:)

~Scott

you'll be fine, just make sure u have tow points front and rear :wave1:

That and enough skids to be dragged anywhere. :thumbup:

~Scott

hey Rod you up for Mini Rubi in the snow?

i'm up for mini rubi in my sleep man !

seriously. . . tried it before, it's actually easier in the snow than when it's slick out. last year changed out tie rod #2 of the night trying to conquer it on the way back to camp.

we'll deffinately give er' hell !

i'm up for mini rubi in my sleep man !

seriously. . . tried it before, it's actually easier in the snow than when it's slick out. last year changed out tie rod #2 of the night trying to conquer it on the way back to camp.

we'll deffinately give er' hell !

no worries for me 1.5" DOM tie rod

No luck finding anything so I think I'm going to gear the front 44 @ 4.88 and down the road do a 4:1 tcase.

If you want to be able to crawl, 4:1 is the way to go for a manual. That's the route I want to take, 4.88's with a 4:1.

it's actually easier in the snow than when it's slick out.

:huh:

As far as I know, nobody has made it when there's even the slightest bit of moisture on it.

If you want to be able to crawl, 4:1 is the way to go for a manual. That's the route I want to take, 4.88's with a 4:1.

:huh:

As far as I know, nobody has made it when there's even the slightest bit of moisture on it.

That needs to change

is it too muddy or snowy up ther around that time.. i want to try and make it in 2wd. i got 37's.. if i get in a bind ill just hit the gas harder

Back