• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ox u joints ?

oxarmy1 said:
The biggest problem that we face is the DD who installs the u-joint and never greases them. Six month later the brass bushing is showing wear from running dry against the steel trunnion. I have had a customer claim to use the joints for 35k miles on his DD with nothing more than monthly greasing with Amsoil racing 200 grease. I can’t prove this. This is just what he told me.

I probably fall into that category. I have about 30,000 miles on mine in my Dana44 and have never greased them(I do have lockouts). I had the shafts out one time(while fixing my OX locker, go figure) and they still seemed really tight although I couldn't get them to take any grease.

Well, lucky for you. I actually did not start looking till last night at like 5-6 o'clock so I had no time to research. Happy that some one on here got a great deal on them though. It will not be the last though. More deals like yours will come along.

afd516 said:
Well, lucky for you. I actually did not start looking till last night at like 5-6 o'clock so I had no time to research. Happy that some one on here got a great deal on them though. It will not be the last though. More deals like yours will come along.
BTW, keep away from my 44 ARB auction.

That means everyone. :nono:

kid4lyf said:
BTW, keep away from my 44 ARB auction.

That means everyone. :nono:

I am watching it :wave:

I went the cheap route and bought a lockrite for the front and the rear is spooled. So the ARB I am out on.

The ony thing I have left to purchase for my axles is some good alloys with some good u-joints for the front. My rear 9" is already set with some 35 spline, I just need to match the front to it.

Back