• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overheating, fan clutch?

mrpeepers said:
replaced idler pulley bearings, and the chirp is gone car is happy. My temp sits at 210 and my hood is friggin cookin! Anyone know of common issues to cause scalding hot hoods? I am in phoenix, however the hood is really cooking even at nighttime when its 95 degrees out. Fan clutch not doing its job maybe?

Yeah, that would be my guess. My hood used to get scalding hot. Like, leave skin on the metal, hot.

As soon as I replaced the fan clutch, BAM, it's all better.

mrpeepers said:
replaced idler pulley bearings, and the chirp is gone car is happy. My temp sits at 210 and my hood is friggin cookin! Anyone know of common issues to cause scalding hot hoods? I am in phoenix, however the hood is really cooking even at nighttime when its 95 degrees out. Fan clutch not doing its job maybe?

x2 on the fan clutch... plus, that should keep it below 210 on average if you get a new one

Back