• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oregon vehicle laws

Boostn

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I just lifted my 94 XJ with RK 6.5" kit and put on 36" Iroks. I have already trimmed the fenders and I am wondering what is the laws in Oregon regarding to the tires that stick out. I just wanted to know about the fender flares and mud flaps. Are the cops that picky about it? I have had a 97 Ford F-250 with 38" tires on it and never had problem with the cops on that.

Thanks!

What detachable flaps you thinking of? Are you just saying is all I need is mud flaps not flares?

do the mud flaps have to stick out as far as the tires or do they just have to be on there, ive been thinking about them as a cheeper aloternative to BW's

have to cover the entire tire. and no, you do not need a flair. yes you do need mud flaps. a lot of guys i know just buy napa truck flaps and make them work.

I can tell ya though, in all honesty, I've never been with a cop who gave a flying f*** about mudflaps. You're pretty safe if your in the Portland area. Not to sure about the rural county guys. The only time they'll hassle you, is if you've done something else, and/or are being a dick about something. :D

Dvipercop said:
I can tell ya though, in all honesty, I've never been with a cop who gave a flying f*** about mudflaps. You're pretty safe if your in the Portland area. Not to sure about the rural county guys. The only time they'll hassle you, is if you've done something else, and/or are being a dick about something. :D
you must have not been with very many cops then. i have been pulled over just for that sole reason.

cherowagon said:
you must have not been with very many cops then. i have been pulled over just for that sole reason.

Uuuuuhhhhh....I'm with them 5 days out of the week, since 4 years ago. :D

Yeah Washington is the same way. I get hassled all the time cause I'm not running mud flaps. Some cops just don't have anything better to do.

I was given a fixit ticket down here in southern oregon for tires sticking out to far. After I put mudflaps on and took the ticket in to prove I fixed the problem, the cop I showed it to, said the cop that wrote the fixit ticket was a dumba$$ and none of the other cops like him. I thought that was kind of funny.

Avanteone said:
Oregon is MUCH more lenient on lifts/flares/flaps, etc. than WA state is. But like they said, get some quickie detachable mudflaps and keep 'em happy.

J

yeah ok that must be for all of oregon accept columbia county, $200 fine!
three weeks ago.
of course my window were all fogged up cause it was really cold outside.

i just got pulled over last night!!!

cop said something about my tail lights not working...

He just gave me a verbal warning. WHAT A TIGHT WAD.. it was only like 8.30PM wasnt THAT dark!

not being serious... sorry

Back