• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One Car Too Far

People like to watch dumbassery. If he did everything right the entertainment value would go down for most people.

This.

Plus you have to think about the target audience. How many people in North America have actually got behind the wheel of an offroad vehicle and done the things that we do?

It's easy for us to pick it apart, but for the most part, the general public doesn't know any better. It's like watching football with an NFL head coach. You think you know because you're a fan, but you really don't.

When that d35 broke and pulled out and that Wu character said "i don't know what's wrong" I actually yelled, Use the hi lift handle! But then when they decided to push it back in and drive it till it fell out again then repeat. I freakin lost it. What s moron! Now learning he's a millionaire gum ball racer I'm more mad at the producers. I get that the sheeple of America don't know the difference between a off road jeep and a escalade but WTF were they thinking.

Raise your hand if your Jeep has a half shaft.

I'll probably still watch, though.
mine doesn't but then again, I have an 8.25 not a d35... I've seen a number of d35 half shafts :fuse:

I get that the sheeple of America don't know the difference between a off road jeep and a escalade but WTF were they thinking.
one has big tires, the other has big rims.

If they wanted an Asian offroader on the show, they could've asked me. :dunno:

I just found the rainforest episode on youtube. That Wu guy is an idiot, why couldn't they have found a real offroader for the show?

All you guys calling him an idiot and saying they should have got a real offroader on the show are missing the whole point of reality tv. They wanted an idiot. There is always an idiot paired up with a smart guy. The producers hope for mishaps, carnage, stupid mistakes and arguments between the smart guy and the idiot. They are just following the pattern.

Raise your hand if your Jeep has a half shaft.
:wave1:

I drove a M-151 for 2 years. It had half-shafts on all four corners. that counts,.. right?

(And yeah, it spit them out on a regular basis if you didn't put new U-joints in about every 500 miles)

not a jeep
Aww!

Is it because the slots ran the wrong way in the grill?..

The independent suspension?..

Because it was made by Ford?..

My buddy's got a Liberty. Does that count? :shiver:

What I thought was funny was when he had the shaft pulled half way out he said "If we're lucky the c-clip only popped off. If we're not lucky the shaft broke."

Has anyone ever had a c-clip "pop off" and the shaft come out in one piece?

What I thought was funny was when he had the shaft pulled half way out he said "If we're lucky the c-clip only popped off. If we're not lucky the shaft broke."

Has anyone ever had a c-clip "pop off" and the shaft come out in one piece?

LOL... no. C-clips don't just "pop off". Was thinking the same thing. My wife even said to the TV "Sorry you dumb tard... that shaft is broken!!"

Back