• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One Car Too Far

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone watching it?

Tonight's episode sure brought back memories. Forgot how horrible it was to have a D35. They broke a shaft on hard pack ice. Lol

The rope tire chain things were interesting. That's an idea I would have never thought of. Don't know how well it would actually work but it's different.

I expected a lot more when I watched the first episode. It looked like they were purposefully putting themselves in bad situations to try and make it better for the television.

It's hard to take a "survival" show seriously when there's a camera crew in a truck following you around in your impossible situation.

That and I can't stand the car expert. He's seriously annoying.

I watched maybe 10 minutes total of both episodes. The previews were enough to tell me it would suck. I'd love to get jeep on board and make a pilot for a show like this but make it way more real... Less survival, more driving. Because if you have a fully operational 4x4, you don't have to Les Stroud your way out of the woods.

So apparently this Bill Wu guy is a retired millionaire chiropractor who drives a Lambo in Gumball rallies......He knows nothing about actual offroad vehicles.

I guess nobody taught him the hilift jack handle to hold the shaft in trick...

I'd love to get jeep on board and make a pilot for a show like this but make it way more real... Less survival, more driving. Because if you have a fully operational 4x4, you don't have to Les Stroud your way out of the woods.

It is sponsored by Jeep (Announcers voice..."Brought to you by Jeep, and the 2012 Jeep Wrangler.")

Beats teen mom! so i will watch it.

Pretty much my opinion of this show is that it's the brain child of some jeep marketer or marketing agency

I don't think so and this is why. Not once during the show do they ever say the word "jeep". I bet they had a hard time negotiating a deal with Jeep and it wasn't till long after it was produced did Jeep step into the picture.

Next season every other word will be jeep, wrangler, trail edition or some other chrysler phrase and they will be in a 2015 proto type.

I haven't seen it. Isn't that what they ended up doing once they got back to the bottom?

I didn't get to see the end. My boy was totally digging the show but his bed time got in the way. He made me promise I wouldn't finish it till we could watch together. Better that then the Disney channel I guess.

I don't think so and this is why. Not once during the show do they ever say the word "jeep". I bet they had a hard time negotiating a deal with Jeep and it wasn't till long after it was produced did Jeep step into the picture.

Next season every other word will be jeep, wrangler, trail edition or some other chrysler phrase and they will be in a 2015 proto type.

The industry. This man understands it.

Back