• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME Vendors?

I know its too late, but for future searches... Dirty Parts on the west side carries ARB/OME. Also, I had springs shipped once to me before and they arrived with broken parts. So after that, I tend to order large bulky items from dealers to pick up as they have things shipped to them more nicely (and you can decline the purchase on the spot, if they are damaged). Picked up my roof rack at Dirty Parts and picked up my OME RB leafs from van nuys 4wheelparts.

Funny you should ask...

Parts from ARB arrived on Friday, but I spent the weekend playing with my new toy (LOOK--SQUIRREL!!, or in this case, winch mount).

Monday afternoon I took some time to try to reassemble the basket case.

I had taken a look at what ARB sent me and I thought it would all be fine, but there are always little details. Such as this:

OMEHardwareProbs9OPT.jpg

Vs.

OMEHardwareProbs11OPT.jpg

Which doesn't sit quite right:

OMEHardwareProbs13OPT.jpg

And you can even see daylight past it:

OMEHardwareProbs15OPT.jpg

I think if I tightened it up I could draw it right into and maybe through that leaf.

I am not entirely sure what ARB did here, but the bottom leaf has a 3/8" hole while the rest are 5/16". It would certainly appear there is a different pin design required for this application. And no, a 5/16" allen head would not work. I checked one, and it actually measured a bit smaller than the pin ARB sent me.

So I called ARB to see if I could get yet another pin.

Their response was "How about we just send you another complete spring?"

So I am crossing my fingers and knocking on wood hoping that when one spring is shipped all by its lonesome it will arrive intact. And I think ARB might have a better idea of how to ship one of these anyway, i.e. wrap a bit of protection around some of the breakable bits.

So, in answer to your question, "No."

And it is raining again.

Dadgummit!

:rattle:

Convenient $40 digital toy. But I have to keep feeding it batteries. I miss the dial Mitutoyos that I used to work with.

I am even more anxious than you to see where these put things. I am anticipating needing an SYE and new shocks. And probably something in the front too. And hoping against all of that.

If you use an allen head, also use washers..

Hurry up. I want to see how they settle on your Jeep ;)

Well, they are on now.

I ran out of daylight before I could wrap everything up, but I got it back on its wheels and bounced it around. Current measurement for c/l of axle to bottom of factory flare is right at 20". I believe that means 3" of lift.

If they settle any I am going to have to do something to add some lift back in. The front measures 21" which I believe equates to 3 1/2" of lift, and it does indeed look as though the front is slightly higher than the rear.

I removed all my fancy hardware and reassembled everything stock fashion, so I can probably add a bit back by reinstalling my shackle relocation boxes if things settle any.

I was afraid these were going to end up being to tall. That certainly is not the situation.

Back