• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obamas lies to get to where he is

Indiana Air Guard got called up for Katrina as well - mom's new husband got a Katrina ribbon for the few months he was down there as well.

And since when does a city problem call for a national response anyhow?

I'll leave alone the asininity of building a city below sea level - yeah, Holland built a whole country down there, but they haven't been flooded out in recent memory, they've done a good job with their dikes, the windmills are probably still pumping away, and the Atlantic doesn't move.

The Mississippi changes course every, what, 75 years or so? Building against the river north of there doesn't make any sense, building in the actual delta is even dumber.

New Orleans has about as much "right to exist" as Los Angeles - just because there are millions of people there doesn't mean it makes any damned sense (LA is about eighteen hours away from breakdown, rioting, and starvation at any given time - from interrupting supply lines for either food or water. Leaving aside possible "racial tensions" - cf. Rodney King or the Watts riots...)

"What is Right is not always Popular, what is Popular is not always Right." Again, just because there are millions of people there doesn't mean the city makes any damned sense (and we'll leave aside my "we need fewer people, not more housing" argument for a later date and a separate thread. The world is probably two months from starvation at this point, simply due to population pressures...)

Vote for Obama? I'll probably do what I've been doing for years - write in for Roy Henry Boehm and James Dennis Watson III (either order - I don't care, and neither do they. I've corresponded with both men on and off for a few years - they're flattered, and they don't care what order I write them down in either.) It makes more sense than voting for Al Bundy and Dan Fielding - at least my vote gets counted somewhere, since it's for actual living people (Google them if you want to know more...)

Yes, I voted for Bush - both of them. Not because I felt either was "the best man for the job," but because I felt that each was "the best man available for the job" given the choices. If I don't like any candidates, then I'll vote Boehm & Watson.

JNickel101 said:
Shouldn't you actually have to pay taxes before you're allowed to comment on this? :D

Bottom 50% of "taxpayers" in this country actually pay ZERO taxes, and most get back MORE than they paid in.

Fairtax.org bitches...:patriot:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/250.html

I will give Obama this - he knows simple math - like, you can't divide by zero and zero minus zero is still zero. He hasn't said anything about tax cuts for the poor - because you can't cut anymore!!!!! LOLs

I'd like to see either a flat tax (acceptable) or a National Retail Sales Tax (better - you can control, to some degree, how much you pay) replace in toto the stupid system we have now. I'm tired of filling out, filing, and having to hang on to all this damned paperwork.

My tax returns seem to run anywhere between two and four inches thick - for my file copies. I'm about to send returns (compleat!) to the IRS "Postage Due" just to help satisfy their paper fetish...

JNickel101 said:
Shouldn't you actually have to pay taxes before you're allowed to comment on this? :D
I pay more in taxes than you could even imagine. :us:

Still haven't got my answer!

JNickel101 said:
Brady, I think you should stay out of this kind of thing....hear me out.

Your personal feelings get in the way of the truth on this a lot. Much the same as my personal feelings/past regarding criminals (especially killers, etc) get in the way of my thoughts on their punishment. I understand where your hatred comes from now and while I understand and respect it.....you need to look at what you write and realize you (again) blame one person for a lot of shit he had nothing to do with.

And Katrina? Give me a break....my brother's Guard unit from PA went down there for 6 months to help with recovery - he got shot at on a daily basis - I wish the hurricane had been stronger and COMPLETELY wiped that shitty city off the map. And taken the idiot residents (who were given time and opportunity to leave - and TOLD to leave - kinda reminds me of South Park - "IT'S COMIN RIGHT FOR US!"). To me, its a town full of idiots who then abused the relief efforts and FEMA money they were handed.

To me, thats what you get for building a damn city below sea level....but that's another thread to start....

I've often wondered where Obama gets off calling himself a black candidate when #1 he's half white and #2, pretty sure his other half was Arab.

More funnies than the Sunday paper!

Okay, Katrina. I won't argue the validity of letting NO sink into the Gulf of Mexico. What pisses me off about Bush and Katrina is. . .

1: stayed on vacation and refused to hold a cabinet level meeting to discuss the situation until three days after NO had been flooded.

2: Director of FEMA, Mike Brown who was appointed by Mr Bush. Who's qualifications reached as high as being president of the American Arabian Breeders Association. "You're doing a heck of job, Brownie!"

I look at both things and I wonder how anyone can take Bush the Retarded seriously, or even take the Republican Party seriously.

TRNDRVR said:
I pay more in taxes than you could even imagine. :us:

Still haven't got my answer!

My fault, I thought I remembered an old post from you saying you didnt pay taxes....? I figured it had to do with your job or something.

My apologies!

SBrad001 said:
Okay, Katrina. I won't argue the validity of letting NO sink into the Gulf of Mexico. What pisses me off about Bush and Katrina is. . .

1: stayed on vacation and refused to hold a cabinet level meeting to discuss the situation until three days after NO had been flooded.

2: Director of FEMA, Mike Brown who was appointed by Mr Bush. Who's qualifications reached as high as being president of the American Arabian Breeders Association. "You're doing a heck of job, Brownie!"

I look at both things and I wonder how anyone can take Bush the Retarded seriously, or even take the Republican Party seriously.

LOL....like thats a one sided thing? I dont take ANY politician seriously. From any side. I just try to pick the lesser of the two evils.

As was stated earlier - city/state problem should not be a Federal issue. I think FEMA should be disbanded. Let the states handle their own disasters. Sitting on your ass (Gov of Louisiana, Mayor of NO) and waiting for the Fed to bail you out is no excuse. There shouldn't have been a single person left in that city. They were ALL given the chance to evacuate to safety - and if they somehow missed out on that, it's the job of the Mayor and/or Governor to get the damn people to safety. Quit relying on Washington to do everything for you!!!

THAT is why government interferes with our lives so much - because American people expect everything to be done for them. See also - welfare.

JNickel101 said:
My fault, I thought I remembered an old post from you saying you didnt pay taxes....? I figured it had to do with your job or something.

My apologies!
I may collect welfare, but I still pay taxes. (got to do my part)

JNickel101 said:
There shouldn't have been a single person left in that city.
But what about all that beer they left behind????
looteroriginal.jpg

:D

JNickel101 said:
LOL....like thats a one sided thing? I dont take ANY politician seriously. From any side. I just try to pick the lesser of the two evils.

As was stated earlier - city/state problem should not be a Federal issue. I think FEMA should be disbanded. Let the states handle their own disasters. Sitting on your ass (Gov of Louisiana, Mayor of NO) and waiting for the Fed to bail you out is no excuse. There shouldn't have been a single person left in that city. They were ALL given the chance to evacuate to safety - and if they somehow missed out on that, it's the job of the Mayor and/or Governor to get the damn people to safety. Quit relying on Washington to do everything for you!!!

THAT is why government interferes with our lives so much - because American people expect everything to be done for them. See also - welfare.

The Gov of Louisiana and Mayor Nagin both should be shot too, both showed a level in incompetence that is unforgivable. But in the end the Federal government had a job to do. Regardless of whether or not you agree with assigning that job to the Federal Government, it still had a job to do. And Bush appointed the fuck-ups that were supposed to do that job. They dropped the ball.

JNickel101 said:
:doh:

I don't pay social security.

That's probably what you remember me saying. My bad!

TRNDRVR said:
:doh:

I don't pay social security.

That's probably what you remember me saying. My bad!

Ah, that's it! I knew it was something :D

....then I remember wondering out loud how I could get in on that deal....lol

I support President Bush.

President Bush has had the courage to do what he thought needed to be done. I fully support the decision to go into Iraq, and no I don't think it had anything to do with ego, or payback.

It had to do with an idiot lying to the world and not allowing UN inspectors to do their job. If Saddam had just done what he was supposed to do we wouldn't be in Iraq now, and he would likely be alive.

If President Bush had been about ego, he would have done anything he could think of to keep everyone as happy as possible, and do nothing. Wait that is what the previous president did.

I don't like President Bush's stand on illegal immigration, specifically the open border. That should have been shut down right after 9/11 happened.

I also don't like the way the Republican president and republican controlled congress spent money like drunken sailors on shore leave.

As for the war in Iraq, we need to spend what ever money we need to to win, and to keep our soldiers as safe as possible. I would like to see congress pass a law that helps the families of fallen soldiers, and those soldiers that are wounded. They have worried enough just to stay alive in a war, we need to keep the financial worries out of their way for at least 5 years.

Anytime I see a soldier I thank them for their service, and let them know that if it wasn't for them fighting in both Iraq and Afghanistan that I firmly believe I would be fighting in this country to keep my family safe.

Obama may be a good person, and a knowledgeable man. I think Jimmy Carter was, and still is, however I believe they both did and would make horrible presidents.

You may not care for President Bush, but he is the best thing that has happen to this country in years. Instead of inaction we have action. We may be hated around the world, but the world does know that we will use our might and money to fight for freedom and the removal of dictators. In this politically correct world one man and one country has stood up and said "no more", and to hell with politics.

SBrad001 said:
The Gov of Louisiana and Mayor Nagin both should be shot too, both showed a level in incompetence that is unforgivable. But in the end the Federal government had a job to do. Regardless of whether or not you agree with assigning that job to the Federal Government, it still had a job to do. And Bush appointed the fuck-ups that were supposed to do that job. They dropped the ball.

And in the end, we did BILLIONS too much. Taxpayers money spent to rebuild a dumbass city that will get ripped apart and flooded @ the next hurricane. In addition to the corruption involved by those filing false claims, then using their money to buy luxury items.

I'm sorry, that is assinine. You call Bush stupid? I would have done the same thing - I would have told NO "serves you right for building your city there - idiots".

It is not the government's job to fix stupid or bail out the stupid. I'm also against the gov't giving money to "victims of forest fires" in tree hugging states like California. Serves them right. If they let loggers do their job, they wouldn't have fires burning hundreds of thousands of acres. Part of the natural life cycle of a forest is to burn down. If you do not do something to interject that, then don't cry when your mountain mansion gets burnt to the ground along with the old growth forest surrounding it.

When was the last time you heard of a forest fire doing that in Pennsylvania? Probably never - because loggers like my dad keep the forests in check.

JNickel101 said:
Ah, that's it! I knew it was something :D

....then I remember wondering out loud how I could get in on that deal....lol
Railroad(?) and some federal don't pay into it. My late wife didn't either; Social Security Admin. It can have it's downside.

Bent said:
Railroad(?) and some federal don't pay into it. My late wife didn't either; Social Security Admin. It can have it's downside.

My military pension is my reason for not wanting it. Among many others. I'll also get medical when I retire, which means I'm paying into Medicare/Medicaid whatever it is for no reason!!!

JNickel101 said:
It is not the government's job to fix stupid or bail out the stupid.

You may not want to go there right now.

:D

Bent said:
Railroad(?) and some federal don't pay into it. My late wife didn't either; Social Security Admin.
Don't forget welfare receipients.
Bent said:
It can have it's downside.
Only to those who plan on trying to collect social security. My wife, who pays into social security, will never collect it.

5-90 said:
I'll probably do what I've been doing for years - write in for Roy Henry Boehm and James Dennis Watson III (either order - I don't care, and neither do they. I've corresponded with both men on and off for a few years - they're flattered, and they don't care what order I write them down in either.) It makes more sense than voting for Al Bundy and Dan Fielding - at least my vote gets counted somewhere, since it's for actual living people (Google them if you want to know more...)

???????????? I googled them. All I came up with was that Boehm founded the Navy SEALS. Im not sure that makes him presidential material.

Back