• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not sure which leaf pack to go with

b4wheelnxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have done some pricing and looking now i need naxja help

with leaf pack is better for your money

re 4.5 with rk boomrang shackles or rk 4.5 and rk boomrang shackles ?

but there is more i want about 7 ins or so

measured right now 22.50 in the front of my xj with front bummper and winch

and in the rear with the saging tomken springs at 19.14

got one price from dc for about 520 rockrawler shipped thats springs [rear]
new shocks all 4 and shackles

or any one else know a better way for my money .
ps. already have a sye and drive shaft plus longarm upgrade from rk in front
44e56805.jpg

Ive had my RE 3.5 springs for 2 years with heavy loading and theres no sag. I also have the RE 1.25 inch shackle. For the money, i believe i have the best out there. RE makes quality parts, not sayin RK doesnt, but theres a reason why i havent/wont buy anything else but RE.

You can go with REs 4.5 inch pack with RK shackle. If it were me thats the route i would go.

RK is cheaper but i cant speak for there quality being any better. Im sure others will voice there opinion so wait....:)

how much weight do you carry in the rear? I have 6.5" big offroad rear springs and with a shackle, I am at 8.5" in the rear (installed december 2002). You should talk to Jason or Craig with tidewaterfourwheelers.org and maybe Paul C since they have gone from 3" to 8+.

Not that this will answer your question, but my 4.5 rusty's leaves are sagging bad. I am going to go with RE, hands down.

BTW, there is a run to Shoe Creek this Sunday if you are interested. There will be at least 3 or 4 XJ's there.

you may want to look in to BDS also. They just came out with a 5 or 6" leaf. Or they should have. Since they now offer a 6-7" full lift. I like their springs due to the warranty (absolutly no qustions asked lifetime) and the added features that some dont come with (full military wraps, teflon pads, replacable bushings, ect), not to mention around here I can get BDS for less then RE, RC, or RK....

Nationals, or Deaver (pricey)

I had Rustys 4.5 leafs that were sagging a little but the loop eyes were enlarged. Deaver rebuilt them but they said the Rusty's leafs are good leafs, they just need one more leaf...

eric thomas hey bro this mike craigs best friend we are working on the issue and just wanted some other opinions bro how utah hope to chat with u soon mike adair

hey thx for the opinion im still not sure what to buy but looking to get 7 to 8 in this rig ill have to see

b4wheelnxj said:
eric thomas hey bro this mike craigs best friend we are working on the issue and just wanted some other opinions bro how utah hope to chat with u soon mike adair

hey thx for the opinion im still not sure what to buy but looking to get 7 to 8 in this rig ill have to see

good to know
i have had good luck with my big offroad springs, if you you get them, make sure you get rubber bushings, my poly ones squeak

I have the prototype BigOffroad Flexi- packs (6") and love them.I've been running them since last October.They ride MUCH smoother than my REs did both on and off road.They've only sagged maybe 1/4" even after running lots of trails both here in Colorado and in Moab.Even my wife noticed a big difference in ride quality and insisted that I put the same springs on her XJ when I build it this winter.

Back