• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No spark after engine swap...

HAW
LAY
FRIKKING
LOU
YAH!!!

It runs like crap. But it runs!!!!

Thanks again everybody!!!!!!

Jared:patriot:

You can't leave until you tell us what the magic incantation was to get it running.

I bought a used ECU from a junkyard out of an '87 limited for $20. When I plugged it in and turned on the key the fuel pump ran for 3 seconds and shut off. I knew I was home free when I heard that. I guess hooking up the fan power to the input for the CTS fried it. *Note to self, label wires when pulling an engine.*

It still runs like crap, but the CTS is currently a 57k ohm resistor and several vacuum lines are disconnected. I need to double check the proper TDC alignment of the distributor and hook up everything. I'm hoping it will run good then. It has awesome oil pressure (75 psi), since I replaced the pump and bottom end bearings before I dropped in the engine. Should be good to go for 150k miles or so. The stupid thing only had 105k on it when the piston ring got sideways in the cylinder.

Anyways, thanks again for all the help. I couldn't have tracked much down without it. YOU GUYS ROCK!

Thanks,
Jared:patriot:

GRATS!

Hopefully I'll be cranking mine over for the first time this weekend (crosses fingers).

Back