• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Next Project

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
Last night I purchased my next 4x4 project. I will not be able to work on it for some time because I need to dedicate some more time to my wifes Suburban, my Boat and the Car Trailer I am building. But hopefully in the next 6-12 months I will start the next project. I have alot of plans for it and need to do a bunch of planning before I start but I am really looking forward to "starting over" on another project.

For Matt's sake we can start the "Debate" now but all I can say is that it is NOT an XJ.

Michael

Woohoo!! :woohoo: Mike's building a buggy!!

Subaru? Samari? Yugo??
:laugh3: :conceited ;)

Yugo. Now there is an idea;)

Not a buggy. I have debated this for quite some time, but it just doesn't make sense for the wheeling I do in the snow, rain, cold, with children, camping gear etc.

Michael

2xtreme said:
Yugo. Now there is an idea;)

Not a buggy. I have debated this for quite some time, but it just doesn't make sense for the wheeling I do in the snow, rain, cold, with children, camping gear etc.

Michael
Stab in the dark (Small, capable, enclosed):
michael_garibay.jpg

Guess number two (going back to a Rover?):

74rr300a.jpg

Guess number three (something weird enough for you, Michael...oh wait, they come stock with lockers...so never mind ;)):

pinz1010036.jpg

Guess number four (I've always liked these...):

image013.jpg

Am I close? Are you selling the XJ?

-----Matt-----

2xtreme said:
Last night I purchased my next 4x4 project. For Matt's sake we can start the "Debate" now but all I can say is that it is NOT an XJ.

Michael

Is it a Shelby Cobra?;) (inside joke)

No Cobra.... Yet.
No Sami (not sure you can use the work capable, and too small for my needs)
I like the Rover (especially the grey market, but mine wouldn't be a two door)
I love your 3rd (not sure what it is, I think I would go with a Mog or LR 110 or similar instead, but same idea)
not a car to convert to 4x4 (but check out that flex, are the swaybars still conected?)

Michael

Mike I worked on a 06 Range Rover this week. Make me gag. They may be British but they are built like a German auto. And that is not a compliment.

But what ever you choose is OK with me as long as you keep your XJ.

XJourney said:
Mike I worked on a 06 Range Rover this week. Make me gag. They may be British but they are built like a German auto. And that is not a compliment.

But what ever you choose is OK with me as long as you keep your XJ.

I am not a huge German Car fan, but what do you have against German Auto's and apparantly 06 Rangies (not like I could afford one of those anyway!!)?
I can think of several german auto's I wouldn't mind owning......

Michael

2xtreme said:
I am not a huge German Car fan, but what do you have against German Auto's and apparantly 06 Rangies (not like I could afford one of those anyway!!)?
I can think of several german auto's I wouldn't mind owning......

Michael

It is a duribilty issue, we could save it for the campfire or just chalk it up to personnal choice.

So are you going to hold out on us till NWFest? What about your Grand, it would look killer on 38"

I K N E W I T

I KNEW IT!!!!

I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!

Michael Joined the Circus!!!

2447ajt.jpg

:eeks1: :laugh3:

2xtreme said:
No Cobra.... Yet.
No Sami (not sure you can use the work capable, and too small for my needs)
I like the Rover (especially the grey market, but mine wouldn't be a two door)
I love your 3rd (not sure what it is, I think I would go with a Mog or LR 110 or similar instead, but same idea)
not a car to convert to 4x4 (but check out that flex, are the swaybars still conected?)

Michael
#3 is a Pinzgauer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinzgauer_High_Mobility_All-Terrain_Vehicle)

#4 is a 4x4! It's a Lada Niva (aka the Russian Range Rover). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada_Niva

So WHAT IS IT already!?

-----Matt-----

So, most of you know by now.

As of today here is the plan:
1988 Range Rover 4dr. (will be Moss Wood Green for those "in the know")
Stroker 383 (about 400hp)
700R4 (with all the upgrades)
Atlas or similar (not sure yet)
Mog 404 axles (found them resonably priced)
wheel base extended about 8" (2" front, 6" rear)
38-42" tires on beadlock wheels
Full internal cage, partial exo cage, tube fenders.
high boat side rockers
roll back soft top in roof
interior still in the works (probably 5 buckets, all custom panels with harnesses)

The research has already begun, the work probably will not start for at least 6-8 months.
If you are interested in talking me into other ideas, concepts, motors, axles, tires, etc. BRING IT ON!!

NO, my XJ is not for sale
Michael

hards91xj said:
Didn`t I tow a Range Rover back from Little Naches ??:firedevil
Is that the one you are getting?:sure:

Why, Yes, I believe you did:)
No, Completely unrelated Rover. This one does not currently run;)

He does want to go wheeling again, apparantly he has it all fixed and working:) You want to come along?

Michael

I don't have any pic's from that incident. I have a few from the trip.

Howard, you got any?

Howard pulled him from Naches all the way over the pass into Enemclaw so that he could get AAA to take it home. If my memory serves me right?

Good campfire story really.
Michael

2xtreme said:
I don't have any pic's from that incident. I have a few from the trip.

Howard, you got any?

Howard pulled him from Naches all the way over the pass into Enemclaw so that he could get AAA to take it home. If my memory serves me right?

Good campfire story really.
Michael
How about of your new project?

Oh, and you realize that we JUST had a campfire? No story? WTF?

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
How about of your new project?

Oh, and you realize that we JUST had a campfire? No story? WTF?

-----Matt-----

Matt, you have mail. You can host them and post. I will post some better ones when I get back into town and have some time to take some better ones and host them.
Michael

There were plenty of good stories around the campfire!!

Back