• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pics of My first JEEP PROJECT

Well I been working pretty hard on the vehicle but stopped paused and took some pictures of my other vehicles i will be done tonight and will post pictures of my progress

The GAS guzzler
JeepCommander.jpg

And because that one take soooooo much gas to operate I have a End Of The Month Car. Money is tight i drive the

The Gas Saver
FordZX2.jpg

Once this Cherokee is done i plan on parking the Commander alot more to keep the miles off of it already got 21000:doh:.

Feel free to leave Opinions about the work i have done and definitly feel free to leave ideas. I have gotten every idea from NAXJA and hope to get more from yall.

:party:

Okay I am finally at a point where i can relax a lil and save up for the next project.:spin1:

Put the interior back in the front late last night and today.

Back to normal
Interior.jpg

Prepped the back took a lil more time on it since this will have cargo shifting around on top of it and NO carpet. This is a pic of the first coat.

First Coat
RhinoBack.jpg

While waiting for the first coat to dry i got bored and ripped off the nasty front bumper
FrontBumperRemoval.jpg

Finished up the 2nd coat and went to eat supper. Came back downstairs and it was already dry i really wanted to put three coats on but was out of lining. I will add some more at a later date right now i want it complete

Rear
Rearcomplete.jpg

The plasti-cote really looks nice. It is walmart brand so we will see how it holds up.

After all was said and done I took the Jeep on its maiden voyage around the block. Got her up to 25 with no problems. I have no tags on it yet so I had to keep in in the neighborhood. I have a lil vibration from either the motor mounts or the tranny mount. It's 87 so i will go ahead and replace them when i get a lil extra cash. That is it for a while thanks for all the comments.

Remarks! Comments! Opinions! Welcome

:party:

Looks good man. About damn time. LOL:D

O and hurry up and bring my tools back. I got work to do.

Looks real good, I'd be curious to hear how that Walmart brand liner holds up too...
On a side note, I'll be down in the Radcliff area Memorial Day weekend, I have a lot of family down there in the Louisville, Radcliff area. Maybe I can swing by and see the progress first hand... Won't have my Cherokee with though, we'll be driving our BAD A$$ Dodge Minivan :greensmok

jeep4play2000 said:
Looks real good, I'd be curious to hear how that Walmart brand liner holds up too...
On a side note, I'll be down in the Radcliff area Memorial Day weekend, I have a lot of family down there in the Louisville, Radcliff area. Maybe I can swing by and see the progress first hand... Won't have my Cherokee with though, we'll be driving our BAD A$$ Dodge Minivan :greensmok

Yeah man if your down here and want to swing by that would be great be nice to meet another NAXJA jeeper also.

Damn Rob. Everytime I look at those tires on the waggy I get a stiffy. They look great and fill the Wheel well up nice. Get some plates before I get back to KY and lets go wheelin.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ok finally got a lil more work done on the Jeep nothing major

Replaced shitty main ground

Replace shitty bumper with prettier shitty bumper

Trimmed up the fenders

Ground cable Outer cable is new thick cable. Inner one is shitty cable
DSC03045.jpg

Trimmed fender flares... love dremels
DSC03046.jpg

DSC03047.jpg

Installed new bumper from junkyard
DSC03048.jpg

Havent been able to take many driver's side pics so here it is
DSC03049.jpg

Next on the list motor mounts and tranny mounts i am getting tired of the vibration from the under carriage.

Always open for comments and suggestions.

Well i got the rear bumper off talk about a PIA. Broke 3 of the bolts off in the process. Will extract them later. Been wanting to take a shot at this hitch since i got the truck been putting it off becuase i new this would be one of the more difficult projects. Of course two of the weld nuts broke. And I broke my torques bit on the middle bolt. So i got my angle cutter, dremel chisel and BFH. and went to town took about 3 hours to get them all off. Of course the angle grinder is just too big to fit between the leaf springs and the gas tank. So i had to dremel those big ass 18mm heads off then beat the hell out of it with the chisel and hammer. But it is off... Anyone selling a new hitch lol. Can post of pics but seems people have lost interest in this thread should i kill it. It is not a problem to keep posting my progress.

X2 keep it up spud!!!:laugh3:

Well something is wrong with Mozilla Firefox

It is not letting me put any spaces in my post anymore so they are looking goofy

But Internet Explorer works fins so here i am

These are some interior pics that I forgot to update

DSC03075.jpg

Back Seat
DSC03076.jpg

TANK
English Mastiff 8 months old
Vet weighed 109lbs
DSC03074.jpg

Nah, don't kill it. I've been keeping track of your progress and keep it up!

I had no issues with my bumper bolts. ;) Oh yeah, I forgot mine is 13 yrs. newer! :laugh3:

jeep4play2000 said:
Keep the post going, I've been watching your progress too, we're kinda doing the same things, only you seem to be making more progress, lol.

LOL I want to see some pics why didnt you start a thread. I only been working on that thing in my spare time. Like today i cleaned up the rear bumper. And cleaned up the R/side nutstrip cause the exhaust hanger uses it so i will have to reinstall two of those retarded 18mm rusted to hell bolts back in to the unibody.

looks great so far. And btw....not ALL of us wanna "purty-n-pink" it. i for one, HATE the color pink.

XJ Stryker said:
LOL I want to see some pics why didnt you start a thread. I only been working on that thing in my spare time. Like today i cleaned up the rear bumper. And cleaned up the R/side nutstrip cause the exhaust hanger uses it so i will have to reinstall two of those retarded 18mm rusted to hell bolts back in to the unibody.

Got a couple a new 18m bolts at the house. Help yo-self sir. You know the deal.Hasta

Back