• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Idea

I may have missed it. What size tire do you intend to run? If no larger than 33's then you don't really NEED to upgrade the back unless you just want to. As dude pointed out above you have a Chrysler 8.25. Not a Dana 35. The 8.25 will hold some 33s just fine unless you're insane on the throttle.

These arms look like mine.I have a RC lift.It is about 4.5 years old.
dscn2707u.jpg

Thats a Rough Country lift.Upper and lowers are the same as mine.Every thing says it is a RC lift

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you still have a lot off reading ahead of you.

off "reading"... i like that, haha

I mean full on frontal shot of the entire Jeep and a complete side shot of the entire Jeep.

Go take both drive shafts out and drive around the block and see if it vibrates.

u want a full frontal shot of his jeep?!?:shocked:.. dont let ur XJ kno:shhh:

lookin at this pic...
dscn2703t.jpg

u do have adjustable lower & uppers... look to be teraflex with poly/rubber bushings... those are replaceable/repairable... CHECK THIS LINK FOR GOOD INFO... also, the pinion seal looks to be shot... the bottom half of the diff is soaked in oil

as for the vibes, figure out where its comin from, front or rear... first, see if there's any play in either shaft (crawl under the rig & pushing up & down on the dshaft, looking for movement from the ujoints)... no play? or if u put in new ujoints & still have vibes, remove the front shaft & drive around at speeds where vibes are usually prominent... if they are u kno its comin from the rear... if not, its narrowed to the front end

SYE kit is needed when the rear driveline angle is excessive... at 4.5" its at that point... but u can get away with getting a tcase drop, motor mount lifts, or leaf spring shims... u have to crawl under there & take some angle measurements to know exactly what is off under there... THIS SHOULD HELP U UNDERSTAND DRIVELINE GEOMETRY

Back