• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New concept paint ideas. What do you think?

:woohoo::peace::party:party1::jester::spin3:
Dunno why, but it seems pretty big in the VW world.

pd2000726.jpg

pics-max-62-174113-golf-multicolor_original.jpg

There's nothing that's going to make white and silver look good together. No offense intended, but there's not a thing you can do with that white that's not going to make it look hack.

Just paint the white silver. If you've got a Wesco Autobody Supply (or similar) in town, they can take your paint code and make spray cans of your color. I've used their paint to repair damage on rally cars before, and it worked really well.

If you have an air compressor, get the harbor freight HVLP (devilbiss replica) gun. It's like $30, and you won't believe how much better of a finish you will get with an actual spray gun. Even for the first time if you use the same techniques you do with a spray can, it will look twice as good. Mess around a little more, and you'll find yourself never wanting to touch a spray can again. Oh, and paint from a can (quart/pint/gallon, whatever) has WAY more solids than any spray can ever will, so you will get a harder and more durable finish.

If you have an air compressor, get the harbor freight HVLP (devilbiss replica) gun. It's like $30, and you won't believe how much better of a finish you will get with an actual spray gun. Even for the first time if you use the same techniques you do with a spray can, it will look twice as good. Mess around a little more, and you'll find yourself never wanting to touch a spray can again. Oh, and paint from a can (quart/pint/gallon, whatever) has WAY more solids than any spray can ever will, so you will get a harder and more durable finish.
Unfortunately, I possess NO air tools of any kind :brickwall:

I may start another thread if I ever intend on painting this thing (still on the fence about it.)

Last edited:
Paint can be blended into the exisiting paint without repainting the whole vehicle... body shops do it all the time.

On an old XJ I'd just rock the Maaco 300 dollar job though.

Or paint the front fenders rattle can semi gloss black, that would match your black trim and you wouldn't care much about scatching it. Just my $0.02.

How about painting the entire jeep in flat or semi gloss black. DuPont has a paint called "hot rod black" or you could use John Deere Blitz Black. A lot of hot rodders use it with success. Here's a thread about it on a different forum: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/john-deere-blitz-black-31993-2.html

I would definitely suggest shooting it with a paint gun and not rattle canning it. I know some people will say its just a Jeep but I personally like the way my Jeep looks and would want to try to avoid getting the striped look that will be hard to avoid if you rattle can it.

And the most important thing is PREP! Take your time and do the prep work right the first time...you will be glad you did.

I've got a 93 ford ranger I'm painting that color...
There was a thread where someone did their hood semi gloss black, it looked good.
Rest of the jeep was original metalic red.

I've got a 93 ford ranger I'm painting that color...
There was a thread where someone did their hood semi gloss black, it looked good.
Rest of the jeep was original metalic red.
That jeep had a vinyl sticker on the hood. It does look good! Im going to do the same pattern on the hood of my Jeep but will be painting it. Probably with John Deere Blitz Black.

Try dividing the two colors on an angle. Go from the front corner of the rocker to the back upper corner of the rear door. Put a stripe of a contrasting color in between them (Maybe red or blue ?). Should kinda give it a pre-runner look. Maybe even a logo or word in vinyl following the red stripe that could even cross over the windows...

Last edited:
lol leave it as it is. its a jeep. not a show car. ur making it look stupid as hell with the gay paint schemes.
x2. I used the money to buy a 3.5" RC lift. Am planning on leveling out the back, too. I'm going to keep the lines straight (the ding I have on the passenger doors is dangerously close to some of the moving parts, I don't trust them taking a hit again) and just leave it at that. I'll keep all the sweet stuff for inside, too. Sure makes the thing theft-proof.

I left a bunch of my electronic toys inside the thing when I went to the movies and left my door unlocked. Bad habits coming back lol.

Back