• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Guys - Pick me out a set of tires

I disagree with all the A/T love.

If you are going to do any real wheeling ... even "light" wheeling .... I'd suggest go to a good quality radial mud terrain.

The on-road handling and noise is not really that much worse than an A/T, but the off-road traction is light years ahead.

MTRs or BFG Muds are both excellent trail tires with very good road manners.

Get them in 31", slap them on your stock rims, and off you go.

Mud tires + snow = horrible.

There's pretty much no reason to get anything other than a MTZ unless your getting bias Maxxis tires.
$ is a good reason. MTZ's are not cheap. Neither are bias Maxxis.

Mud tires + snow = horrible.

Hm, that might be true. We don't get much snow down here and when we do its plowed pretty quickly.

Although I've ridden in Keith's Jeep in deep snow with MTRs and it was awesome .... I think the tread pattern on the MTRs is kind of A/T like, but deeper and with slightly larger gaps. It seems less "knobby" than other mud tires, which might be why a lot of them do poorly in snow.

I'd still recommend 31" MTRs.

Hush hush, VW parts are more expensive than jeep parts
I can't tell if this is an Anthony burn or a self burn.

Gotta get dem sipes! I love my MTZs in the snow, and they're great on road.

There's pretty much no reason to get anything other than a MTZ unless your getting bias Maxxis tires.

I can give you 3

MTR's
MTR's
MTR's

Ill finally be ditching my Bfg ats for some Goodyear mtrs. Goodyear has an 80 mail in rebate on them right now and 60 on the duratracs if you decide to go that route

The first rule of NACfest is that you dont talk about NACfest. Good times.

as for the tire debate buy round ones, square or hexagon ones arent the smoothest.

Love my BFG AT's. Have had several sets on several vehicles. Rotate them and they will last 60K with no problem. Also, try to find a good local mom and pop tire place that will take good care of you. I buy all my new tires from a local guy, prices are the same as TireRack and he mounts and balances for free. If you want to go cheap, try the local swap meets or Craigslist of some local off road forums, people are always selling decent 31's as they upgrade to bigger tires.

That pic of my duratrac blown out was cause I pinched it between the rock and the rim but I love the tires even bought a second set for the green xj
i heard he likes dicks in his arse

And it not my ass that likes them. my screen name is a warning to what you might wake up with if you pass out by my camp, see you at NAC fest :wave1:

Back