• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Guys - Pick me out a set of tires

I havent looked at the stt's in a few years(before the km2 came out) but at the time they were one of the most expensive mt's I could find.
i dunno, my 35's were $871 mounted and balanced with warranty. thats pretty cheap. when i was looking for 37's, they were also the cheapest. I ended up with Toyo MT's when i went to 37's but i dont remember the reason... i think i just wanted to try something different, but i kind of wish i stuck with cooper.

I like COOPER ST MAXX... I have 265 75 16s on my xj. But you'd need 16 or 17 rims

IMG_0118_zps862e02cf.jpg

I've run both generation MTR's...the only trouble if you can call it that is that they get noisier as they wear in. In South Jersey, my rig sees everything, and the MTR's have handled rocks (dumb and smart ones), the street (wet,dry,snow), and deep sand and mud. They wear excellent, and my sidewalls bear a LOT of scars from sharp rock contact, with no failures as of yet. The grip in snow is amazing. The only trouble in snow is they like to chase the sides of ruts in the snow when it gets deep on the road, but you'll find that true with any tire that has more-square shoulders. Are they the cheapest? No, they arent. But dollar for dollar, I'll be happy to put them up against any tire for a DD that might also see some rougher trails. Yes the BFG AT is a great tire, one of the all-time best, but I'll live with a bit more noise for the sidewall durability. ( I run 10# on the trail, no beadlocks, never popped or cut one).
Rich

Back