• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My shocks suck!!!

I run the Bilstien 7100's front and 5150's rear on my XJ. Love them. I have Pro Comp ES300's on my MJ and on my TJ. They are a budget priced shock but, I have been pleasantly surprised by the ride. I replaced the Fab Tech's which are the absolute worst shocks I have ever had on the TJ.

I am in the process of researching what the best riding shocks would be as well... I am a moderate off-roader, but the box is my daily. I am running the Doetch Tech that came with my RC (poor choice) budget lift kit and they ride like absolute GARBAGE! Hard as frikkin rocks! ,
odd. everyone seems to like doosch tech's shocks. im currently replacing my RC 9k's with used DT8000's and im sure it wont be as good of a ride as those with Bilsteins, but its gotta be better then with the RC's....:cheers:

It'a all about c/a and shackle angles at 4.5". i run the D/T 8000 pre runners and really like them. i am on a 3" lift with a good shackle angle and not to steep C/A angles..they are a firm shock and designed to be that way..they don't throw you around on the road and perform excellent offroad, especially going fast..you guys with 4"+ lifts get the angles right and your ride will improve greatly. D/T baja ryder same basic design as the 8000's just softer..ridden in rigs with smaller lifts and pro comp shocks and ride was actually good also..

I too run the Doetsch Tech PreRunner 8000's. Love 'em for what i do which is DD, tow a boat and offroad. They don't cost an arm and a leg either.
I'm not quite sure from reading this thread what you were looking to get out of your shocks or what sucked so bad about the RC's. If you mention what you are trying to achieve it's alot easier to match a shock to your wants/needs. -B

Back