• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My shocks suck!!!

Americans don't know how to build shit anymore. All 'we' know how to do is spend money.

ALL i gotta say to that, is bullshit
america makes the best shocks in the world.
americans invented the air shock
americans invented the bypass shock

you just dont know what your talking about...

"Those who stick up for the shitty, cheap shocks are the ones who haven't run good ones or would feel guilty spending the money for them."
"Americans don't know how to build shit anymore. All 'we' know how to do is spend money."

Make up your mind.

I am in the process of researching what the best riding shocks would be as well... I am a moderate off-roader, but the box is my daily. I am running the Doetch Tech that came with my RC (poor choice) budget lift kit and they ride like absolute GARBAGE! Hard as frikkin rocks! Off road is ok, because a rough ride is expected... but I get physically angry when I am on a poorly maintained road! Not to mention that I have permanently dented the headliner above the drivers seat from the big bumps that I don't see in time! God help the drivers next to me when I am accellerating through a turn and hit a bump, which inevitably causes a loss of traction and some severe overcorrecting! I need to get something softer so when I have children I wont have to worry about shaken baby syndrome occurring in the child's seat! That is a serious concern... DT, they are crappola! Shock absorbtion... haa! You would be better off welding a steel pipe from the body down to the axles and just airing down the tires!

best shock is the one used when the suspension is set up right. short arms with a steep control arm angle(4.5" and up) and poor shackle angle account more for the rough ride then the shock used.

Are the nitro 9000 shocks any good? Its the $25 upgrade on rough country.com

I have never used their base model shocks, but i can tell you that the 9000's suck hardcore, they dont absorb almost any bump at a moderate speed, but from what i have seen im thinking about getting ca lowering brackets first(would anyone recommend RC?) because a decent set of bilsteins are about 4xx.xx

if they are anything like the skyjacker nitro shocks, i wouldnt get them. the skyjacker nitros i had where very firm and you could feel every bump in the road. i went from skyjacker nitros to bilstein 5100 and it was a night and day difference.

Back