• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new XJ - the turtle

My wheels are 15x8 3.75" bs for comparison. I think the fit is pretty nice. I like a little wider stance and should be flush when the Napier flares go on, otherwise they stick out almost 1" from the stock flares with 31" tires.

My first xj was a 93 country.

Last trip for the old girl, in Teleco...

u5e8ahez.jpg

I was going to bring this up in my earlier post, then I forgot.

The fuel pump is most definitely a 96 only part.

The internals under the hood are mainly 97+ stuff but the body is 96 and down parts.

The odometer is probably a stand alone part and one of the only OBD2 odometers that I know of that isn't digital.

An odd year, but an ok year.

mac 'baby jeep was a 96 country' gyvr

Oh, interesting stuff!

May want to skip the 32" tire in a 15" rim, they are a 'bit' harder to find then 31s or 33s. Now if you buy New rims get 16s, have more options.

I too like the country's, have had a few over the years.

curious to see the quality of the seat. and youll like the lift, i installed one for a friend. though there are a few things you may add down the road.

x2. id feel 100% safe wheeling/driving a 11.50 on a 7" rim. but the stockers have too much backspacing.

rough country sells them cheap. $120 for 4 new ones... kind of hard to beat. or you could keep an eye open on craigslist for steelies.

i have no opinion on the 31vs32vs33 debate... but dont get 16" wheels. you actually have LESS options once you weed through the load ratings that are undesirable on a cherokee, and tires as a whole are just more expensive. i used to run 16" moabs... im glad i got rid of them. its my opinion that the 16 is ultimately getting phased out.

Yea, I've found a few sets of 32x11.50x15 ATs that are nice and inexpensive, and for barely more money than the 31s.

I'm very excited for the seat as well.

My wheels are 15x8 3.75" bs for comparison. I think the fit is pretty nice. I like a little wider stance and should be flush when the Napier flares go on, otherwise they stick out almost 1" from the stock flares with 31" tires.

Very cool, ok. I think that's what I'll do. I may just go with spacers, the wheels that are on it are nice enough.

My first xj was a 93 country.

Last trip for the old girl, in Teleco...

Very nice! Love it! This is my 2nd country haha.

So, got a lot done on the jeep today.

Alternator, AC compressor, belt, oil change, spark plugs, valve cover gasket, and got the headliner removed and the interior apart to put new fabric on. So interior is rough right now, but it'll be so good when it's done.

Oh I went red again too! Hahaha

I'm searching for front bumpers right now, mine is pretty trashed and figure it's a good spot to upgrade.

Basically decision is either winch or not...
If no winch it'll be the JCR Crusader bumper, if it's a winch it'll be the DirtBound extreme winch...

Re: Re: My new XJ - the turtle

Oh I went red again too! Hahaha

I'm searching for front bumpers right now, mine is pretty trashed and figure it's a good spot to upgrade.

Basically decision is either winch or not...
If no winch it'll be the JCR Crusader bumper, if it's a winch it'll be the DirtBound extreme winch...
Look into Logan's Metal Products. I have both front and rear bubpers and I'm very with them. They also were real good to us at winterfest. Call and talk to Jamie, tell her you're from NAXJA.

My seat arrives today! w00t!

Also have decided on tires.
32x11.50x15 Goodyear MT/R w/ Kevlar, theyre $744 shipped on 4WD and then an $80 rebate. Makes them about $166 a tire. Going to buckle down and get ProComp steel wheels in flat black and have them delivered mounted so I can install lift and wheels and tires all at once.

May need to do a bit of trimming with the 32s to fit under the "3.5" Rubicon Express lift. I had 31s on my last XJ with the same lift and it never rubbed. So 32s should need small trimming.

Very excited!

From what I hear the 3.5" RE lifts are more like 4-4.5 when they're done.. I think you should be good with the 32's. Not a bad price on those tires! I think I'm set on the Cooper STT's. The Coopers I have now has made me pretty brand loyal.

Who are you going to have mount the tires? I've always gotten the stink eye when I walk into tire places like that. LOL

From what I hear the 3.5" RE lifts are more like 4-4.5 when they're done.. I think you should be good with the 32's. Not a bad price on those tires! I think I'm set on the Cooper STT's. The Coopers I have now has made me pretty brand loyal.

Who are you going to have mount the tires? I've always gotten the stink eye when I walk into tire places like that. LOL

hahaha, 4WD will actually mount and balance before they ship. So they'll come premounted and everything. So that's very nice.

MTR's measure pretty close to the advertised size.

I like mine.

Yea, I love the aggressive tread and the look. They look great, hope they perform well.

Awesome! I've used discount tire direct alot in the past. Nothing better than the UPS man rolling up the new delivery.

Hahaha, yep, exactly!

Any suggestions on other parts I need to buy for the lift?

I was thinking about getting the IRO double sheer tracbar, maybe IRO upper control arms, t-case drop (just in case), anything else? Rear axle shims?

Will have new tie rod ends, drag links, IRO HD tie rod, and full alignment.

But suggestions are always nice.

Thanks!

Got my seat today...here are some pics

20140722_155712 by b3sthaticould0, on Flickr

20140722_155718 by b3sthaticould0, on Flickr

20140722_180615 by b3sthaticould0, on Flickr

Fits pretty good, little bit of interference with the lower B pillar and the adjustment knob for the recline. Was able to keep all my electric for the seat, which is nice.

Feels very very nice. I like it a lot. Can't wait to drive with it. Washers that came with it are a big janky, I'll likely do some locking washers when I install the carpet and the seat is back out of the car again.

Back