• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new ride

First fill-up with gas today to get a mileage check. 15.377 mpg. That's a bit lower than I was hoping for but I still like driving it a lot more than my other choices.

First fill-up with gas today to get a mileage check. 15.377 mpg. That's a bit lower than I was hoping for but I still like driving it a lot more than my other choices.

Most of my autos average 16+ combined. Put an ntk o2 sensor in it and see how much better it does

Im sure it could use all of its tune up goodies as well

Ed my 94 gets 13 in town but her 4.0 is about done. I have a fresh 96 4.0 ready to drop in with only 90k on it. I have terrible blow-by on my current engine. It has plenty of power but is hard starting due to low compression. It smokes like a freight train lol!

The 90 with icons and General AT2, 255/70-16's on it and the 94 with General AT2 30/9.5-15's on it.

IMG_20141122_083153_152.jpg

IMG_20141122_083126_582.jpg

Last edited:
Did you make sure it didn't have a Fram oil filter:gag:

I run WIX/Rotella 15-40. The 94 still holds 40psi at idle but her rings are shot. The PO ran quacker state in it :-(

The 90 with a brand new rebuilt RENIX pulls 60psi at idle and gets a reliable 17mpg all around. Gotta love a RENIX!!!!

Of course the crazy thing is that my 99 7.3 Super Duty gets 18mpg all around and is the most efficient thing in my driveway LOL!

Did you make sure it didn't have a Fram oil filter:gag:

Tom, I only run Wix and it has a 51515 on it. I listened to your advise years ago after we talked of the oil pressure issues in my 1988.

Back