• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new buggy build......

My klune/d20 is the real deal (over 10:1 low range). Add up my AW4, klune, d20, and 5.38s in my axles and you are looking at like 200:1 crawl ratio.

Last edited:
I have a Atlas 5.0, and it can be hard to stop sometimes, with 10:1 it going to be near impossible without throwing it in neutral. You'll have the advantage of just plain low range though in the D20, (3 to 1 or something? then double low when necessary. You cant flip the D20?

Yeah the d20 is 3.15:1, and I think it is possible to flip it but they are prone to leaking much like the Dana 300's.

Got my chassis jig almost finished, and got her clamped onto it. Will be cleaning up the rust and finish welding the chassis then starting on the suspension soon.

photo-52.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah.. well... um... My tow rig is still better than yours.

I am thinking about locking this thread until you can provide some pictures of that thing looking more like an XJ.:looser:

J/K bro

I have been tossing the idea of using my XJ front clip on it, but it is just too easy to use what I already have. I am thinking of naming it the bastard, since it will be my XJ motor and tranny, samurai body parts, and a ford axles.

Not sure how much work you want to put into the body of a beater, but you could fab the sami parts to look like a mini XJ... I personally think that would looking epic-awesome!

Goofing off with the new tires and my XJ

photo-57.jpg

Last edited:
tires sitting with chassis at ride height

photo-56.jpg

photo-55.jpg

Last edited:
I will still wheel with ya Tyler. There are plenty of Trails at Superlift, and other places where there are several lines with different difficulty levels.

Just a couple shot from my phone that I took while getting my 4 link brackets mocked up. All I need to do is finish weld them, get some shock hoops built, and it will be sitting on its own suspension.
photo-60.jpg

photo-59.jpg

Rear axle stuck in place with tires on it at ride height.
photo-61.jpg

damn thats starting to look good, the axles are gonna hold up fine to the 40's?

but more importantly, at first you said the fox 2.5's up front, then you said you had 2.0's, which did you end up using? are you gonna mounte them as inboard as pissobly to maximize articulation or????

Last edited:
The fronts are going to be 2.5's the rears are 2.0's. The fronts will be as inboard as possible, and will probably have to come up through the hood as well.

Back