• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new buggy build......

Those LCA's for the rear are pure beef. They might weigh more than my whole front suspension!

not trying to be a downer here, but that hp44 isnt going to hold those tires well at all... definately need some tons under there... you can get balljoint driver drop dana 60s from either ford or dodge, and they are cheap! you could probably sell the 44/9" combo to buy a set of ford or dodge one tons and you'd still probably be able to make money on the deal... seriously though, dont try to justify the half-ton shit... just go straight to one ton

A built hp44 can hold 36's, especially on a buggy if the weight is kept down...And a built 9" is just about as strong as a 60...

Things that will kill and axle are vehicle weight, tire size, HP, and heavy foot. A light buggy, with a 4.0 should be ok if driven properly. I know a lot of guys running the 44/9 combo with bigger tires and no issues. If you hop on it or bind it up anything will break.

Yeah the fact that I am running a 4.0 and that it is auto, and the fact that my buggy is going to be super light will hopefully mean the D44 will work out ok. I also plan on running RCV shafts, and they will warranty their D44 shafts up to a 40" tire.

not exactly, I have a D44 with 5.38's and a detroit already. If I bought a balljoint 60, it would still cost me more than $600 for just the axle, another 600-700 for a good locker, and then another 300-400 for a gearset then I am sitting at potentially 1600-2000 in just a front axle. I am not saying that I won't eventually go to one tons. I am saying that I already have a D44/9" that are built. I still have a WHOLE LOT of money to spend on actually building the buggy. What is the point of spending over $2k on axles if it means that I can't spend that $2k towards actually having a buggy to put them under? Those one tons sure would look sweet sitting in the garage while I had to take a month to recover from the $2k I spent on them so I can start back to building my buggy.

If I bought a balljoint 60, it would still cost me more than $600 for just the axle

A1 quoted me $300 for a Dodge non disconnect LP60. Hub to hub. They had a few Fords out there at the same time, and Im assuming the prices were the same. FWIW. !!!1 Just figured Id stir the pot. :wave:

So $1700 instead, I do love that fact that other people are always so willing to help other people spend their own money lol.

not exactly, I have a D44 with 5.38's and a detroit already. If I bought a balljoint 60...

reason #568 you should skip building the D44 to start with and go straight to the 60. It doesnt matter if you build a 44 or 60 it comes out so close you are just better off getting the 60 starting out. !!!1

Seats and harnesses

photo-40.jpg

Uppers on the left (2" .25 wall tubing), and lowers on the right (2.5" .375 wall tubing)

photo-41.jpg

In this photo the lowers are on the left (the hammer is just there to give a reference for size)
photo-42.jpg

photo-46.jpg

Klune/ Dana 20 combo

photo-43.jpg

Fox 2.0 air shocks (16" travel these will be for the front) I have 18" Fox 2.0's coming for the rear.

photo-44.jpg

photo-45.jpg

Box of ballistic brackets
photo-47.jpg

Box with a few ballistic joints
photo-49.jpg

pile of random parts

photo-50.jpg

Those won't work with my Klune/D20, the need to be driver's drop.

Back