• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My custom corners

hows the motor swap comin?

Encolse the cab, why would I want to do that?! :D

Shot some color on this afternoon and started putting everything back together. Just a spray bomb job but the rest of the rig looks like crap anyway so it'll do the job...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Got a bunch more done. Rerouted the wireing for the tail lights, re glued up the headliner, added some bars to strengthen the bed sides, and made some inner panels.
For the bed side bars I first added some base plates...
standard.jpg

I used some 1"X.095" HREW...
standard.jpg

...I wanted .120 wall but couldn't find any locally.
B pillar panels riveted on...
standard.jpg

Inner panel...
standard.jpg

Headiner reglued...
standard.jpg

Getting close to being done...
standard.jpg

Got any pics on how you did you shackle set up? Just welded a plate with tabs to the bottum of the spring hanger box? Or is there something more to it.

ZacSquatch said:
Got any pics on how you did you shackle set up? Just welded a plate with tabs to the bottum of the spring hanger box? Or is there something more to it.

Just a plate welded on and some angle stock welded on as tabs. CRASH actually made them and ran them for years, I cut them off his old chassis and then welded them on mine.
standard.jpg

Got my junk pretty much finnished yesterday.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The rearward inner panels are 22GA and the front ones are MDF. I'll mount some 6.5" speakers in the MDF and will get a 6" or 8" Bazooka sub to mount either under the sub-floor in the back(if it will fit, no pun intended) or behind the driver's seat. I'll either mount the old JL stealthbox in my daily driver or sell it.
standard.jpg

Ready for the engine swap now. :cheers:

Nice job. I'm feeling the itch to chop mine up. Mines a 4dr so I guess it would look more like Porchpuppys. I saw his a while back @China Lake and wanted to go home and start cutting. I think I'll just wait until I bust out one of my back windows. Anyhow, Looks awesome!

Mosephus said:
Any action pictures yet?

Some in this thread...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=951812

90XJLtd said:
Nice job. I'm feeling the itch to chop mine up. Mines a 4dr so I guess it would look more like Porchpuppys. I saw his a while back @China Lake and wanted to go home and start cutting. I think I'll just wait until I bust out one of my back windows. Anyhow, Looks awesome!

Ya, his is probably the nicest one out there. He helped me a bunch on how to go about "fixing" my junk after I cut the top off. :D

Back