• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My custom corners

By the way.....your welding bitch has a great ass!!

Boy, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that.......

CRASH

OneTonXJ said:
Pair, I see the rocker protection fad hasn't caught on in yer' neck 'o the woods:rolleyes:

Sean

They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery......Andy, are you flattered yet?? :D

FarmerMatt said:
Did the wiring turn out OK? Do your turn signals still work right?

Matt

Dude, I would have been lost had I not talked to you about it. I wired them up properly and everything worked except the turn signals. So I swapped the flashers and they work perfectly.
Thanks again.

Gary, I used my Bosch jigsaw(and a steady hand ;) ) with fine metal cutting blades to do the cutouts.

Jes

Spinnerz rule.

CRASH

FarmerMatt said:
One of these days I'm going to do the research & find out what the difference is in the 2 flasher motors that one would work the LED's & the other doesn't.

Matt

Don't know what you lads did, but did you by any chance swap out an OEM fixed-load flasher with either a variable load or electronic flasher unit? The LED lights use a lot less current than the stock signals, so they make the OEM flasher act like it would if you had a burned out signal bulb. The heavy duty and electronic flashers act the same regardless of how much load goes through the circuit.

We simply swapped the hazard flasher with the turn signal flasher. One is blue, one is silver(on my '93 at least) but I don't know which one's which.

Jes

90 bucks for bending?

damn, if you came to chicago for the weekend, I don't think I would have tried to fawk you nearly as bad.

nice job my man, nice job!

By the way.....your welding bitch has a great ass!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boy, if I had a dollar for every time I heard that.......

Crash, that one was way too easy, and I can't believe your loser chapter-mates let that go......I had at least a dozen smokin responces come to mind......none of which would have lasted past the forum fixer coming across this thread.....

farmerflap, that's the city of chicago flag, just trying to express some civic pride....

OneTonXJ said:
Pair, I see the rocker protection fad hasn't caught on in yer' neck 'o the woods:rolleyes:

Sean

:rolleyes:

I really don't hit my rockers anymore, all the beauty dents came from when I was a little lower to the ground. I plan on cutting them out and welding in 2x5 tubing that will act as "sub-frame" connectors to stiffen the unibody and make a good mounting points for a cage.

that's the city of chicago flag

Are those four splotches in the middle of the flag bullet holes? Does that signify the mafia influence in your city, or has someone been taking pot shots at your flag? Down here in Texas, we just shoot at street signs. :D

RR3

Jes said:
Next will be a custom wrap around bumper to cover up the crushed lower panels.

Well, four years later I finally got around to doing it. :D

After ditching my hatch I wanted to shorten up the ass end a little bit so I started by removing the old, dented corner panels...
standard.jpg

...amazingly there was no rust under the panels. Realize, this thing had been parked outside since I installed them.
Both sides were smashed in pretty good and the corners were concave instead of the normal convex XJ body line. I used a BFH to smash out the dented sheet metal and reshape the corner panels.
After cutting off the light boxes, removing the rear bumper, cutting off some mangled sheet metal, and tacking on some new lower corner caps I reattached them to the straightened flanks...
...Oh, I also bent up a new rear bumper with mad clearance...
standard.jpg

I then made a template out of an old beer box and made some new 12GA panels. The bend was made by scoring the back side with a cutoff wheel and banging it to the proper angle with a BFH. This is what it looked like after I welded it and ground it smooth...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here's after I painted it and used a ton of bondo on the lower body line...
standard.jpg

...and with the new bumper painted and installed...
standard.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh so pretty, bet you'll never take it offroad now, haha :D

Back