• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My $10.00 Bombproof motor mounts

91Woody said:
My last comment was regarding the construction adhesive.
If something doesn't work for you and you have the means to make one of your own- by all means- go for it. It only needs to make one person happy. I don't care who likes or dislikes my Jeep or anything for that matter- as long as I like it.

Support.

Mounts look good and the welds look good from here, too. The rubber ought to give good isolation, hope they work out well for ya.

1996cc said:
That's where the one that broke was from. Lifetime warrantee or not, I don't want to change them every few months.

I've had mine for 3years, no problems.

91Woody said:
My last comment was regarding the construction adhesive.
If something doesn't work for you and you have the means to make one of your own- by all means- go for it. It only needs to make one person happy. I don't care who likes or dislikes my Jeep or anything for that matter- as long as I like it.

Thats Right!

That's some incredible work there. I need one! Fan shroud...schman shroud...

Wish I had my jeep again.

BTW... you are correct. Elbe has many stumps to dodge. Evans Creek gets my vote.

amschnellsten said:
you can also shoot polyurethane construction adhesive in the stock or worn out ones for $4. makes them solid and new.

Read my mind.......I wouldn't recommend this for a mount that has already torn the sleeve from the rubber, but it is a cheap and easy mod that eliminates the weak point. If XYZ Parts Inc. offers a lifetime warranty on a part that is a copy of the manufacturers flawed design, where is the great deal? My spare time is worth more than a tube of poly, which means I replace them once. The value of your time may vary.........

Last edited:
Zuki-Ron said:
Autozone has lifetime stock replacements? I'll be looking into that.

Yeah, because you have to constantly replace their stuff. They don't have a lifetime repayment of personal labor costs.

My 5 month old anchor motor mounts....are crap. I can pull chunks of rubber out of the driver's side mount just by reaching down.

If your having motor mount issues you might want to look at WHY! More than likely its a driving habit/lack of gearing issue!

RCP Phx said:
If your having motor mount issues you might want to look at WHY! More than likely its a driving habit/lack of gearing issue!

Why?? - Jeep designed a crappy mount from the beginning, if you wheel your jeep at all.

What the heck does gearing have to do with motor mounts?

Additional stresses are placed on motor mounts/tranny mounts when people upgrade the tire size without regearing, as does a HEAVY foot.

That's what RCP is talking about.

My drivers side motor mount is toast, but that's because it's about 3 years old. I plan on replacing it with another Autozone one.

if my stock motor mounts lasted over 100K miles with the wheeling I've done, I'm happy with paying only $25 bucks to get em replaced with the same. The MOREs are a great beefy design but pretty steep to me.

djblade311 said:
if my stock motor mounts lasted over 100K miles with the wheeling I've done, I'm happy with paying only $25 bucks to get em replaced with the same. The MOREs are a great beefy design but pretty steep to me.

X100 on that!!

A motor "shouldnt" even produce vibes,only torque loads!

waxer said:
Additional stresses are placed on motor mounts/tranny mounts when people upgrade the tire size without regearing, as does a HEAVY foot.
Bingo!We have a winner!

I got these motor mounts from H.O.R. Engineering. They cost me 70.00 and have a warranty on all weldeds and steel. I have had them on my 4.0 Comanchee and I have been very hard on it. They come powder coated black and look good. Let me know if you are intrested.
2e232.jpg

46f01.jpg

Triple4x4 said:
I got these motor mounts from H.O.R. Engineering. They cost me 70.00 and have a warranty on all weldeds and steel. I have had them on my 4.0 Comanchee and I have been very hard on it. They come powder coated black and look good. Let me know if you are intrested.

Yeah, those look like they could be a bit of a middle ground between the OEM and the MORE. I'd like to hear about where to find those at-

I wouldnt trust the steel sleeve of the LCA bushing to hold the torque of the motor by itself. I cut the sleeve off of those bushings with a flat tip screwdriver and 1 pound hammer several times a year.

Grab some .120 or thicker plate and wrap the bushing in it, so it doesnt rip through the sleeve when you're really loaded up.

Or if you want to be really safe, run OEM mounts. :)

Back