• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Music

Joshooha

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So I was going through my i-tunes unchecking stuff so I could work w/in the range of my 30gig i-pod...this is tough! I have approx. 7000 songs on here, and they by far do not all fit...I like a wide range of music, you can pretty much find anything that uses an electric guitar on my ipod. The only genres I really do not care for particularly are as follows: Country, hip/hop rap, and pop music.

I can't listen to the radio, because it just pisses me off to no end...mainly the fact that the corporate radio stations shove this stuff in your ears and classify it as a genre and it all has to sound the same to be w/ in that genre. Like the rock station...you have Nickleback/shinedown/trapt, and what other lame "rock" band they want to play. All they do is have repetitive sounding songs and choruses...that's the only reason those type of bands are popular IT ALL SOUNDS THE SAME!!!! I grew up in upstate NY, just outside of Rochester, and we had a radio station called WBER, I use to listen to it all day in my room (because I had no life besides music) they played a huge range of music, and people always say "how do you hear of some of the bands you do?" its mainly because of that radio station...I heard a song I like, search it on the internet and then find tons of other bands in that same catagory to hear...maybe I'm just a freak, but music is probably the second most important thing...besides my XJ right?....hahaha

On my I-pod right now I have albums starting from "Saves The Day" and all the way down to "Cannibal Corpse". My top 5 musicians change from day to day, but you can commonly hear these 5 bands playing on my ipod:
5. CKY
4. Deftones
3. Dredg
2. Pennywise
and number one always on my i pod: SLAYER!

So what is your guys take on this? What's your favorite bands/music? You guys play any instruments regularly?...I am a vocalist.

Hey also! put down what region your in so we can see what region listens to what kind of music!

my 30gig ipod is packed
i have
untitled-1.jpg

mostly rock, classic rock, blues, psychedelic rock,folk rock, classic heavy metal, progressive rock, southern rock.
probably 80% of my music is between 1960's and the 1980's. (i'm 19) 1990's up 20%
my top 5 in no particular order
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Canned Heat
Rage Against the Machine
Steppenwolf
I'm also learning bass guitar and can play the drums sum-what

My Ipod is packed..

My bands go like this

Lawrence arms
Descendants
NOFX
And a little of the Bouncing Souls and Bad Religion.

But my Ipod is broken so Im screwed

Try sifting through 11,244 songs. I think the only purpose they serve is for my friends to get a kick out of what they can dig up.

I went to Sirius about 2 years ago and never looked back for a second. Alt-Nation, channel 21 has been tops lately...I'll make sure to thank my ex for that one...:sure:

....aaaaand I've been beatin the drums nearly all my life, ha.

Last edited:
I definatley have my standard go to bands, but I'm trying a ton of new music this summer. keeping it fresh everyweek.

Just went to the Emery, Closure in Moscow, Secret & Whisper, Kiros, Maylene & the Sons of Disaster concert.... amazing!!!

So i'm rocking Maylene alot lately, with some electronic progressive hardcore and pop

My top 5 musicians change from day to day, but you can commonly hear these 5 bands playing on my ipod:
5. CKY
4. Deftones
3. Dredg
2. Pennywise
and number one always on my i pod: SLAYER!

Woah, I haven't met too many people who listen to them period, let alone have them on their top 5. Good band, good band.

Scott

I definatley have my standard go to bands, but I'm trying a ton of new music this summer. keeping it fresh everyweek.

Just went to the Emery, Closure in Moscow, Secret & Whisper, Kiros, Maylene & the Sons of Disaster concert.... amazing!!!

So i'm rocking Maylene alot lately, with some electronic progressive hardcore and pop

I just heard of Maylene...they are pretty sick. If you like them you might like Everytime I die...mostly the newer stuff from them, its pretty similar.:listenmus

Woah, I haven't met too many people who listen to them period, let alone have them on their top 5. Good band, good band.

Scott

Ya, I have been into dredg for about 5 years now...I have seen them about 3 or 4 times, but everytime I see them they are w/ really heavy bands, so no one there really appreciates them as much, you know?

my 30gig ipod is packed
i have
untitled-1.jpg

mostly rock, classic rock, blues, psychedelic rock,folk rock, classic heavy metal, progressive rock, southern rock.
probably 80% of my music is between 1960's and the 1980's. (i'm 19) 1990's up 20%
my top 5 in no particular order
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Canned Heat
Rage Against the Machine
Steppenwolf
I'm also learning bass guitar and can play the drums sum-what

I have almost 9000 and im only at 33gb. I just throw it all on my 60 gig and call it a day. I have everything from All that Remains to Yonder Mountain String Band.

all that remains is pretty sick. Their newest album isn't the best effort they put forth though.

Everything from
Brand New
to Creedence clear water revival
to billy joel
to DMB
to Flyleaf,
to U2
Snow patrol
38 special
eagles
the darkness
Taking Back Sunday
The Juliana Theory
Thats about half the artists on mypod. 900 songs on an 8GB (plus two movies)

Emery and Maylene are both great. i was supposed to go see them when they played the marquis not too long ago but the girl and i were both sick. wish i could have made it.

Brand New
:cheers:

so i thew my itunes on shuffle and here are the first five artists and songs that came up:
1, I Am Ghost - Pretty People Never Lie/Vampires Never Really Die
2, Crossfade - Colors
3, Mayday Parade - Ocean and Atlantic
4, Blindside - Across Water Again
5, The Higher - Can Anyone Really Love Young

anyone here listen to Drop Dead Gorgeous? Or Cartel? im stoaked for the new album this fall.

i love listening to bag pipes too. haha.

put my ipod on shuffle as well

august burns red
unloco
slipknot
chevelle
cross canadian ragweed

i listen to just about everything

oh X2 on bag pipe music

I have almost 9000 and im only at 33gb. I just throw it all on my 60 gig and call it a day. I have everything from All that Remains to Yonder Mountain String Band.

Yonder is good stuff... Listen to some Chatham County Line.

Emery and Maylene are both great. i was supposed to go see them when they played the marquis not too long ago but the girl and i were both sick. wish i could have made it.

:cheers:

so i thew my itunes on shuffle and here are the first five artists and songs that came up:
1, I Am Ghost - Pretty People Never Lie/Vampires Never Really Die
2, Crossfade - Colors
3, Mayday Parade - Ocean and Atlantic
4, Blindside - Across Water Again
5, The Higher - Can Anyone Really Love Young

anyone here listen to Drop Dead Gorgeous? Or Cartel? im stoaked for the new album this fall.

i love listening to bag pipes too. haha.

such an under rated band

My exposure to New music first started when GM cars got XM radio in them. I would drive the New cars around the lot when i would have to inspect them off the delivery truck. I usually listen to 47 Alt Nation and 48 squizz. Then i started listening to this Online radio called Pandora. Soooooo many different bands on it as well. Difference is Pandora is more worldwide. XM seems more focused on North American bands. Not saying ALL are american bands, but you dont hear that many from other countries.
I've been listening to some pretty cool overseas bands lately.......Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation. Lacuna Coil is got to be my Favorite!!! Cristina is soooooo Da** Hot!!!.................and the music kicks a** too.

Back