• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving a Shed?

here's the beast...
DSCN2678.jpg

LOL, don't make me think about such things....

buy some wheelbarrow tires. mount them to the bottom at the corners and middle, roll it, pull em off

get some steel pipe and 2x4s some hydrolic jacks and roll it out from between the two trees. Or if the ground is sandy or not to rocky, drill some holes in the main floor support joist and thread some 3/4" eye bolts big enough to put hook in and drag it on the skids, with straps hooked to the jeep or truck piece o cake. pm me if you need a hand. really not to difficult.

steel pipe helps for turns. you can use 2 in, 10 footers from the HD electrical dept.

WE can get some beer and make some plywood ski' things ,if it starts to run away we can use Troy for a brake , we got winches and straps . that's way more than the egyptians had

Hey hey....... Listen here you wheezy, lippy old fart ...... (insert flip off smilie here)

Chris, I'd gladly volunteer to help ya with this and bring some Cummins power to do the heavy work...... I agree that skids would be best as long as the path it needs to move is free of large rocks and whatnot. I've got some pretty large and long chains as well.

sounds like you all are confident that beer, pizza, pipes, chains and skids (and a wildernest camper if you're scott...) will get this done -- thanks to all of you for your offers to help. If we go forward with the purchase (likely), we close on the 29th of July, and I'll probably want to try and get this bad boy moved in the first week so I can make the temp-road that some of the contractors are going to need -- I'll update here when the time comes!

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to build a bunker and drag the shed over it....... :shhh:

I refuse to admit that I already had such a thought.... where the F#$^ is my tinfoil hat anyways?

A couple of sheets of plywood would work for the skidding.

Back