• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So... when it rains it pours lol. (I need a trailer)

Producer_Shawn

NAXJA Forum User
First, AC goes out, Then the Cat is bad, I hate new cars damn cat is 800.00... Anyhow thats not why I am posting.

I have to move now. on a positive note I found a place with a 1/2 acre and a shop, I just didnt plan on moving.

Does anyone have a Trailer that an XJ can pull that I can borrow. Its from burbank to sunvalley I just want to save on a truck.

Last edited:
I have a trailer that you could borrow Shawn but, I'm in Lakeside ..........

Same sort of picture here. San Diego is a bit far from Burbank. Be cheaper just to get one from U-Haul.

I have access to the property before the move in date. so I was hoping to do my shop and toys a little bit each night. The gas to SD would make Uhaul cheaper (Turns out its only like 20$ a day) but thanks for the offer. I honestly may find a craigslist trailer just get one of my own. :)

FIFY :wave:

Trailers are almost as much fun as Jeeps.

If you have never read Patrick F. McManus on "The Art of Trailering" you owe yourself a good laugh: http://photos.imageevent.com/wharris19/manuals/theartoftrailering/18501488.pdf

There always seems to be a problem with a light somehow. A bad ground is a likely suspect. Running a proper ground wire would seem to be a good idea, except that the madman who built the trailer had the bright idea to run all the wiring inside the rectangular tubing of the frame rails. That really wouldn't have been such a bad idea, except that a subsequent madman welded in some bracing for some unforeseen purpose (spare tire/ramp/toolbox...) and thereby permanently blocked all future access to the existing wiring.

And then of course there is the idea that storing the trailer in the back yard makes good sense. Out of sight, off the street, safe... Until the day comes that you need the trailer. Only then do you notice that the dog got bored and chewed the plug off the end of the wiring.

Get a trailer. It is a great way to test your marriage.

:gee:

I bought a trailer last night!

Fv1ZrXf.jpg

Those look like some serious leaf springs. Are those stake pockets, or something like, along the edge?

Looks like it has plates. That is a very good thing.

Of course, now you need a bigger lift on your Jeep in order to match your trailer...

:looney:

I told my wife that I would be laughed out of camp if I showed up and my trailer could do more trails than my jeep could!

It has tags and a title.

The sides fold down and the back is removable, and it has 2 ramp that slide in under it, you just pull them out and drive what ever up on the trailer.

also has a nice big vice on the front of it.

Only issue is that its 102" wide

102"? Did it start life as a travel trailer? That width might be useful while moving. Plenty of room for furniture.

It looks to be a bit tall, but probably no worse than a large u-haul truck. Just don't slip off the ramps on the way up.

At the very least you should have no problem seeing it in your mirrors. It is a PITA to back up a trailer that you can't even see.

With a trailer that wide, be on the lookout for those concrete construction barriers they line the freeways with! It's always a white knuckle drive with a standard width trailer driving next to those things.

Back