• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mojo - V2.1

Rod,
I like the work so far. Looks good. Make sure you get plenty of documentation (pic's) for all of us to use in the future. I suspect this is going to become much more comon practice!!

Michael

My part of the show is done and it's all Rod now. He still has some attachments to be made to the pseudo subframe area. The door are just rough cut to get him on the road since time ran short. I see he is looking for some replacement to get rid of the power window weight. I would like to look at it again to see about putting some angle iron sections below the tube to attach it to the frame area adjacent to it. I would only do it at the pillar areas though.

heres a cpl shots of the sliders finally.

Looks kinda funny on stock wheels n tires huh...
d.jpg

c.jpg

here's a shot undernieth. You can kind of see how much fun its gonna be tieing into the frame. sort of a stair step thing.
b.jpg

the preliminary trim on the door.
a.jpg

Got 4 new manuel (lighter) doors to trim up tomorow. ill post more pics of the doors when they are done.

Dropped her off Sunday after the Sand Flea Rally to start on the rest of the prep work and then the cage.

Finished up the center section frame stiffeners tonite. Fronts are fabbed up just need to burn em in.

not the greatest pic but they actually look really good in person.
0428102019.jpg

Picked up an MJ tail gate Monday. Should have the rear portion cut this weekend
icon10.gif

i'll update more soon...

MJ tailgate? Sounds badass.

Got the front and rear frame stiffiners completed yesterday. Forgot to take pictures though. I'll get some this weekend.

Oh... and made a lil progress today with some body work too... :shhh:

chopped.jpg

icon10.gif

Gonna be a busy weekend !

Apparently Ryan was up late last night.... when i arrived today he had this done.
panel.jpg

My kids will be happy. They still have some shelter
tail.jpg

Started fabbing the tail light boxes and tail gate.
tail1.jpg

tail.jpg

tail3.jpg

He did an awesome job of matching up the body lines on his "free hand fabbed" piece of steel for the tail light box.
tail2.jpg

His friend showed up and they went to town with the grinders and made these look like they were there from the factory ! Very impressive ! (i'll get a finished pic tomorow)

Here is the front frame stiffiners. We decided rather than mess with fabbing around the bumper, we'd just tie that in to them as well as the track bar mount. Needless to say the bumper wont be going anywhere for a LONG time
icon10.gif

driveframe.jpg

passframe.jpg

So far i am very VERY impressed with the work he's doing. Not to shabby for a toyota guy
icon12.gif

90% finished with the tail lights and tail gate. LOTS of grinding ! :confused1
x-3.jpg

x-4.jpg

Just need to tie in the rocker replacements and then its TUBE TIME BABY !

:shocked:

Wow. That looking great!

Back