• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mojo - V2.1

Yup :banghead: but the way the tube is that frames the roof, there wasn't much of a choice.

I'm open to suggestions for round 2. I have enough vinyl to redo it, but i figured i'd give it some time and see what actually happens first, then try and improve on it...
You ask here I go, first of all it looks great, but.......:lecture: have you ever seen the rail a bikini top slides into on the windshield frame for a Jeep CJ series. I know some of the younger crowd didn't know there were Jeeps before the XJ.:gag: Well anyway it acts as a wind/rain seal and you can buy the rail by the foot, at least as I remember when I made a bikini top for my Bronco. Keep up the good work. You could always just silicone the crap out of it.:scared:

You ask here I go, first of all it looks great, but.......:lecture: have you ever seen the rail a bikini top slides into on the windshield frame for a Jeep CJ series. I know some of the younger crowd didn't know there were Jeeps before the XJ.:gag: Well anyway it acts as a wind/rain seal and you can buy the rail by the foot, at least as I remember when I made a bikini top for my Bronco. Keep up the good work. You could always just silicone the crap out of it.:scared:

X2... I think it looks great!! I was thinking a soft top rail system, Im sure with the roof rails it may be a little difficult to work around, but Im sure with you mad skills you will have no problem figuring out how to make something work so you are closer to your "waterproof" goal:)

You might need to fab some rain/wind deflectors similar to those that you put on windows - like the one on the back window in this picture.

lp_sidewindowdeflectors_4.jpg

Try looking at the boating stores like West Marine - you might find something there. Awesome work, by the way!

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. keep em coming.

I thought about the CJ rail system, but didn't look into it... oops ! hind sight...

Maybe if it leeks to bad, i can still adapt it to something like that with out destroying it to bad...

For the rear I'd say have the buttons under the roof with bands or strips of material going on the top to hold everything tight, maybe made with a strong elastomer so it can be really tight? Maybe a hook end rather than button?

Just some thoughts.

Rod,

It looks awsome. You should be very proud of yourself, that is an impressive first attempt. You can see why having these custom made is expensive!!

The soft top idea (or front of a truck tonnoue cover) is exactly what I would have done for both water intrusion and wind noise. As an alternative I would at least double the number of clasps on the top edge.

Michael

Rod,

Just researching exocages.

Pulled up this 2-3 year old thread, and want to re-emphasize, nice build.

Any contemporary pics? Is there anything you would have changed?

Thank you
Jason

Rod,

Just researching exocages.

Pulled up this 2-3 year old thread, and want to re-emphasize, nice build.

Any contemporary pics? Is there anything you would have changed?

Thank you
Jason

I am really happy with it thus far. I have yet to flop or roll it, but it has taken a beating on the rocks and trees and held up great. I havn't wheeled it much in the last year due to work schedule. but i have some time off accrued now and just redid the exhaust and am currently ordering parts to rebuild the LA joints. So ill be out beating on it again in the next few weeks :D

Ill try and dig up some pics and do a lil update...

Back