• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Membership and Chapter Enhancement Program

LOL. You seem to do alright in that thing; even 2WD.

I have; a 10'x10' space for an EZ Up that I have lined up for the day. I also have folding tables. It looks like it will be Carol and I manning it at this juncture. It is our intention to have the new chapter shirts, and stickers of some forms or another available. And of course we will be soliciting new members. Not sure yet if shirts, or decals will play a role in said new member solicitation.

That's pretty much all I've got all the moment.

Do you or Carol have the chapter banner? If Geoff has it, I can try to meet up meet up with him and grab it if that’d be helpful.

Thanks Al. We have it covered.

Were the funds actually used in 2018?

What are the plans for 2019?

Were the funds actually used in 2018?

What are the plans for 2019?
2018?
No they were not.

2019?
Taking suggestions. Avery?

2018?
No they were not.

So let me get this straight.....since the inception of this program in 2012, the SoCal BOD has only used the program once?

Why has the leadership for the largest chapter in NAXJA continuously failed to take advantage of this program?

For those not in the know what the program is:

Each chapter may apply for a grant of $250 on a yearly basis by presenting a specific use for the money that benefits the chapter and it's members. The Chapter BOD must make their presentation in the National BOD forum to allow for comments/questions from National BOD members. Proposals can be approved by agreement of the President and VP. If they disagree, the proposal will be put to a vote of the entire National BOD. Chapters may apply for a grant larger than $250, but any proposals for greater than $250 must be voted on by the entire National BOD.

I have a suggestion.

I propose that we use ME&G funds to buy some magnetic signs to be distributed to rigs participating in AAT work days to let other off-road vehicle enthusiasts know who we are and what we are doing on the trail. I understand that some member might argue such expenditure should come out of AAT funds, not ME&G funds, but I think it’s a legit use.

Other folks on the trail see us pulling junk out of ravines, cutting tree limbs, picking up trash, but they don’t know who we are. The very small sign Tim has on his truck is barely noticeable. I think all participants should have at least one sign for the drivers side door or tailgate to make the signs more noticeable and more likely to spark curiousity and interest from passers-by. They would be a conversation starter. Yesterday, Ryan handed out several NAXJA SoCal Chapter business cards to people, and even recruited a new member on the trail while doing cleanup.

To get an idea of the cost involved I looked at only the Vistaprint website. They charge $15 for a 10”x20” sign. At that price, $250 of ME&G funds would buy us probably about 12 signs with tax and shipping. Perhaps Justin (OPXJ2010) or another local or online vendor could do better.

I could take a stab at designing the signs if that’d help, but there are probably more talented chapter members who could do it better and faster.

Let’s do this.

That sounds like a great idea.

And Ryan's recuiting of a new member while working yesterday underscores the merits of the idea.

I agree, second, and soundly support ��

Might be worth noting that NAXJA has a new vendor who specializes in graphics products. No mention of magnetic signs, but it might be worth asking.

At part of the National board, I would be in approval of such an idea. Frankly, I like this better than the free camping idea, which, in many ways, helps to maintain, but not grow membership.

You might even consider printing business cards that had a "code" for a discounted membership. Now, we'd need to clear the logistical process of something like that with Membership, but it's a thought.

David Bricker / SYR

So i was just typing NAXJA into google on my PC and came across this...

https://www.diecutstickers.com/naxja-org

i like how durable these ones look just wonder how much they cost

Those are the old stickers that people had issues with the kerning on. I think if I dug in my naxja sticker collection, I might have a few of those kicking around. :cheers:

2011-12-08_14-58-41_784.jpg

I have a vinyl die cutter that I could do any size you guys would like. it's limited to 1 color tho. but we could windshield banners, NAXJA logo etc.

I have a vinyl die cutter that I could do any size you guys would like. it's limited to 1 color tho. but we could windshield banners, NAXJA logo etc.

That was actually the next thing I was going to address. I have wanted a NAXJA windshield banner for a while now. PM me and let me know what it'll cost to make some up.

Back