• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Membership and Chapter Enhancement Program

Ryan--Bent & I also had a NAXJA sponsor reach out to us that does that kind of stuff... I'll forward that.

Since there seems to be some support for the idea and no opposition that’s been voiced, I’ve taken a stab at mocking up a magnetic door sign graphic. What I have in mind is something like this.

2ee8f8e78d6ba21a778ccdc5cef9cba4.jpg

We should act soon if we’re going to. Vistaprint has raised the price on these by $5 apiece since I last checked. Of course, maybe a member/local vendor can do better on the cost.

Might be worth noting that NAXJA has a new vendor who specializes in graphics products. No mention of magnetic signs, but it might be worth asking.

Ryan--Bent & I also had a NAXJA sponsor reach out to us that does that kind of stuff... I'll forward that.

;) That was me. I'd love to quote anything you guys are considering. Yes, I can do magnetic signs. I may be a bit more than Vistaprint but you'll be getting a sign made on 30oz magnet, with 5 year rated, laminated, printed vinyl. The vistaprint stuff is going to be printed paper substrate, no laminate, thinner magnet and will likely fade out if used a decent amount within a year.

Just let me know, I'd love to help.

You can PM me here or shoot me an email at [email protected]

Last edited:
It's a good idea, Al/Tim. If Lowrange can ship to us for something similar to VistaPrint's cost, that might be a good deal.

FWIW, and I don't know what the quality is these days, but my ex- had his magnetic signs made probably 10-15 years ago by Office Crepot, and although the blue is slightly faded, they're still in amazing shape (and they're on a truck that lives outdoors in San Diego 7/24/365). It might be worth paying a skosch more for quality.

It would be good to get a number of sets made, and have a couple sets live with the each of the most frequent AAT attendees (Tim, Ryan, JohnX?) since I have sucked at making it up there lately. And I have a small official AAT magnet on my rig, anyway.

Since there seems to be some support for the idea and no opposition that’s been voiced, I’ve taken a stab at mocking up a magnetic door sign graphic. What I have in mind is something like this.

2ee8f8e78d6ba21a778ccdc5cef9cba4.jpg

We should act soon if we’re going to. Vistaprint has raised the price on these by $5 apiece since I last checked. Of course, maybe a member/local vendor can do better on the cost.

Adopt-A-Trail is a pretty generic term.**I guess if we really wanted to cover our ass we could re-phrase as “volunteer work crew”

Adopt-A-Trail is a pretty generic term.**I guess if we really wanted to cover our ass we could re-phrase as “volunteer work crew”

Plus that would open it up to non-AAT usage. Sometimes generic is good :wave1:

;) That was me. I'd love to quote anything you guys are considering. Yes, I can do magnetic signs. I may be a bit more than Vistaprint but you'll be getting a sign made on 30oz magnet, with 5 year rated, laminated, printed vinyl. The vistaprint stuff is going to be printed paper substrate, no laminate, thinner magnet and will likely fade out if used a decent amount within a year.

Just let me know, I'd love to help.

You can PM me here or shoot me an email at [email protected]

I've gotten stuff from Andy before and approve of this message. I haven't touched and felt a VistaPrint sign but in my opinion quality should be important especially with our UV rays.

I’d be fine with Trail Maintenance Work Crew instead of Adopt-a-Trail Work Crew. Or Tim’s suggestion. Any of these approaches would serve the MG&E purpose.

And I strongly favor supporting our club sponsors by doing our business with them whenever possible.

Last edited:
I’d be fine with Trail Maintenance Work Crew instead of Adopt-a-Trail Work Crew. Or Tim’s suggestion. Any of these approaches would serve the MG&E purpose.

And I strongly favor supporting our club sponsors by doing our business with them whenever possible.

I have to second that Trail Maintenance Work Crew phrasing. We should also make some T-shirts to match that graphic.

I'm just not seeing how they would qualify for MCE funds.

I understand that some member might argue such expenditure should come out of AAT funds, not ME&G funds, but I think it’s a legit use.

Other folks on the trail see us pulling junk out of ravines, cutting tree limbs, picking up trash, but they don’t know who we are. The very small sign Tim has on his truck is barely noticeable. I think all participants should have at least one sign for the drivers side door or tailgate to make the signs more noticeable and more likely to spark curiousity and interest from passers-by. They would be a conversation starter. Yesterday, Ryan handed out several NAXJA SoCal Chapter business cards to people, and even recruited a new member on the trail while doing cleanup.

If you disagree with this analysis, as chapter president, I guess it’s your prerogative to not request MG&E funds from national. But I’d still support the use of chapter AAT funds for the project. Assuming we have funds available.

I would say it qualifies for the funds because this is a chapter activity that we do and that can draw in new members.

This is marketing. The fact that it happens to relate to another bookkeeping line item does not prevent it from working well for us.

Al, Tom,

It's not that I agree or disagree; I just don't have the full understanding of the requirements that I should have.

Have your president propose it to the National Board. I've already said I'm in favor of such a proposal, but I can't speak for the entire board.

Let's do something different. Who knows, it just might work.

David Bricker / SYR

Have your president propose it to the National Board. I've already said I'm in favor of such a proposal, but I can't speak for the entire board.

David Bricker / SYR

+1

And if you are nice to Al that might get you three supportive board members.

David Bricker / SYR

Give me a couple days or so on this. I'm up to my neck with getting donations for the SCF AAT raffle as well as working with Sequoia getting the kinks out of the chapter store and adding more functionality.

My understanding is that we can get up to $250 reimbursed upon request by the chapter president, without national BOD approval. Above $250 requires a vote.

I certainly support and can make this motion. Doing trail maintenance is a great way to catch the attention of random people that are out on the trails. Signage that points out that OUR group/chapter does this as VOLUNTEER work shows the spirit and purpose of our group...keeping trails open.

And yes, we have the funds... from the final line of the 2018 Treasurer's Report that I'm about to post: [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ending Balance (Cash, PayPal, & Bank Accounts): $7,891.58[/FONT]

My understanding is that we can get up to $250 reimbursed upon request by the chapter president, without national BOD approval. Above $250 requires a vote.

Up to $250 with National Pres and VP approval. Not the full board. Up to $500 with full vote of the National board.

David Bricker / SYR

Back