• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May 10th, Expressway workparty

Sorry if I came off abrasive, sorry I haven't properly introduced myself but I don't get on here very often. The expressway trail is fine and has been for years. If you guys are working with DNR then great but when I hear about chainsaws and shovels to "fix" bypasses it raised some concerns. My opinion is the trail should be made more difficult if anything, and bypasses should be blocked, not fixed. The expressway is the only sorta difficult trail left at walker and should be signed as such to keep daily driver newbies off it. And yes I was gonna wheel walker this weekend but work stuff came up. Yes you can count on my help when do get out to wheel.

xtrajeep said:
Sorry if I came off abrasive, sorry I haven't properly introduced myself but I don't get on here very often. The expressway trail is fine and has been for years. If you guys are working with DNR then great but when I hear about chainsaws and shovels to "fix" bypasses it raised some concerns. My opinion is the trail should be made more difficult if anything, and bypasses should be blocked, not fixed. The expressway is the only sorta difficult trail left at walker and should be signed as such to keep daily driver newbies off it. And yes I was gonna wheel walker this weekend but work stuff came up. Yes you can count on my help when do get out to wheel.

:peace: :flipoff: We've recently had a few people join in the forums and voice their opinions then simply explode and leave. We honestly hope that people with positive attitudes and willingness to lend their support join the fray. And if we had more experience with you and better understood where you are coming from we probably wouldn't have even questioned your input.
I wll say that everytime I've gone to Walker the signs that are there have been the worse for wear and more are missing each time. That is a specific example of why more needs to be done up there by people who want to continue to enjoy 4x4ing. .... So far I've had to winch my XJ in order to get onto the Expressway from either side.... I really need lockers.
Peace Out.

I would have hoped that this would have been more clear from my previouse posts, but I want to make sure it is more clear now.

1. We are working with the DNR.
2. We have no current intentions of "changing" the trail.
3. This weekend is designed as a research and collaboration mission. We don't plan on doing significant work without the knowledge of the DNR.
4. We will be cleaning the trail of trash and helping the trail drain excess water in specific areas (in order to protect agains significant errosion and other damage).
5. Any "by-pass" will be looked at and reviewed, analized, and discussed as a group.

Personally I like difficult trails. It is not our intent to make any trails easier. Where by-passes are logical they will stay and be maintained just like any other trail. I think most of us have the same interest, it might be more clear once we have met, wheeled, and worked together ;) I look forward to that time.

Michael

2xtreme said:
I would have hoped that this would have been more clear from my previouse posts, but I want to make sure it is more clear now.

1. We are working with the DNR.
2. We have no current intentions of "changing" the trail.
3. This weekend is designed as a research and collaboration mission. We don't plan on doing significant work without the knowledge of the DNR.
4. We will be cleaning the trail of trash and helping the trail drain excess water in specific areas (in order to protect agains significant errosion and other damage).
5. Any "by-pass" will be looked at and reviewed, analized, and discussed as a group.

Personally I like difficult trails. It is not our intent to make any trails easier. Where by-passes are logical they will stay and be maintained just like any other trail. I think most of us have the same interest, it might be more clear once we have met, wheeled, and worked together ;) I look forward to that time.

Michael

:cool:
That sounds great, I appologize again. I'm new and got the wrong impression when I read through this thread. Sounds like you guys are gonna do good work and I wish I could be there but my job got in the way this time.

OD-XJ said:
It's looking like I'll be working next weekend. I don't think I'm going to make it :(.

-Jeremy

Dang, I was going to see if you could pick me up on your way down towards Walker since my jeep will be in Bremerton. As of now it looks like I might not make it, but I am going to see if I can get a ride down there.

-Alex

I will be coming and wondering around the parking lot looking for a right seat.

Ba Riedo I could pick you up but you will have to find your own right seat, since I am not very good at sharing.

I'm still planning on making this, and should have a passenger seat available.

But not three passenger seats.:D

My right seat is full but my backseats are both open.

Michael

XJourney said:
I will be coming and wondering around the parking lot looking for a right seat.

Ba Riedo I could pick you up but you will have to find your own right seat, since I am not very good at sharing.

Im pretty sure I can find a seat with IXNAY or I will just ride in the back of Michael's rig, pm inbound.:sunshine:

-Alex

You can ride with me, Sunshine. I promise to be gentle.

not sure if I'm going yet had some issues last weekend that kept me home. I'm not sure what the plans are yet. I'll try and know by tomorrow.

Ba-Riedo said:
So now I am sunshine? :rolleyes:

I promise I wont break your bumpstops. :D

-Alex

You weigh about as much as my kid, so no worries about the bumpstops. In fact, he may or may not be going. If he's out, you can call shotgun. If he's in, you two can arm wrestle over it. My money's on him.

Good day today, we made drains for some of the muddier areas on the trails, picked up alot of trash and cans and attempted to make a plan for what will come next, but I am sure Michael will talk about that. Can't wait for our next work party, oh and a chain saw. :D

-Alex

quote=Ba-Riedo]Good day today, we made drains for some of the muddier areas on the trails, picked up alot of trash and cans and attempted to make a plan for what will come next, but I am sure Michael will talk about that. Can't wait for our next work party, oh and a chain saw. :D

-Alex[/quote] and maybe Hi-lift lessons....
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/tracepac/?action=view&current=P5100057.flv

Back