• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M.B.O.R. XJ Bar Pin Eliminators

Made mine like terraFlex units, with sheet steel and a press drill. Nothing fancy and they hold up to my kind of abuse. Not bad for 20 minutes and half a can of gloss black paint...

Teraflex_Shock_Bar_Pin_Eliminator.jpg

Phil aka, le Beauceron de l'Ouest...

Last edited:
Made mine like terraFlex units, with sheet steel and a press drill. Nothing fancy and they hold up to my kind of abuse. Not bad for 20 minutes and half a can of gloss black paint...

Teraflex_Shock_Bar_Pin_Eliminator.jpg

Except the fact they rotate to mounts 90* out of phase!

Phil aka, le Beauceron de l'Ouest...

I stuff that thing so far up the fender and without any consideration for warpage of my little trinquets, and they still hold up, and there's no binding at all. So this 90deg rotation, as far as I'm concerned is minimalistic in it's adverse effect on the ride, or damage multiplier of the truck. When it breaks, I'll just spend another 20 minutes making some more. ( I even made spares...)

Philly:party:

I stuff that thing so far up the fender and without any consideration for warpage of my little trinquets, and they still hold up, and there's no binding at all. So this 90deg rotation, as far as I'm concerned is minimalistic in it's adverse effect on the ride, or damage multiplier of the truck. When it breaks, I'll just spend another 20 minutes making some more. ( I even made spares...)

Philly

I don't think its the warpage he's talking about. its the fact the shocks are meant to be mounted so they pivot on the bolt and absorb any forward/back flex in the bushings.
the way your deisng is, your using the bushings to absorb all the flex since they can't pivot on the bolt.

cheap n easy, but I think the original design is like that for a reason... the OP has it right with that cheap n easy design, course ya need a welder to get it done.

Looks like you didn't have enough power to them to penitrate the metal.(maybe an opti. from the pic.) also you may concider running the bead all the way across the inside of the tabs too, just to be on the safe side.
Just some friendly advice. Over all they look good. especially for the amount of time at the welder

Back