• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm kits?

i'm trying to just fit 35s on mine with about 3"-4", and i'm thinking about bumpstopping, slightly trimming, and using ORD zero rate add-a-leaves. i'm impressed that the 37s don't rub, too bad... LOL

arent the zero rate aal's basically blocks?

anyway, yea they rub a bit, my rear end grazes smooth sheet metal and my front end grazes the inner pinch seam (havent gotten around to hammering it back) and the front of the inner fender, i have seen much smaller tires rub the same places as well so i don't see how my vehicle is inferior because of such a small issue (if you want to call it that)

:rofl:

i have personally experienced my rig with 6" of lift and 3" of lift (just so happens to be double) on the same obstacles in the same conditions and i know which is more capable.

i will beleive what you said in that post when i see it.

never ran 40's and tires don't slice, no idea where you heard that from

well anyway. You do have a great cog and for that I'm jealous. like I said before i like your pics. keep on keeping on!

Last edited:
You wont get anymore travel with less of a tire there guys.

KTM has it right. Hes ran this set-up in several ways with a couple of XJs now. I doubt he would keep doing it if it didnt work. Most out west trails need the droop like he gets. Here in the south we dont need all that we need just good articulation to get throw stuff.

He's got his rig set-up the way he wheels it and hes running the right axles and gears and all that associated so it makes it work and work like crazy.

Id feel alot safer in an XJ wit 37s on 3" then I would with 8". Body roll and COG on trails is no comparison.

well it seems to be a dead thread now. we're totally off point and I'm going into my garage to lower my jeep right now.

well it seems to be a dead thread now. we're totally off point and I'm going into my garage to lower my jeep right now.

laugh2.gif

To what 7"? Thatll do the trick sir.

KTM I'm trying to convince my cousin to go with 4.5" max on his trimmed 91 with 33s(same one I said got gears and lockers in my thread). But hes content on looking for some 6.5" stuff. And only 6.5" coils and leafs not adj. arms/track bar that stuff.

Ill show him your rig for sure LOL.

DSCF0107.jpg

35s on 5" lift with Bushwhackers. BTW, not my Jeep, I wish it was. Friend of mine used to hang out here.

I have heard several people say stay away from rustys, but have never tried any products from them. What about the RE 7.5" LA kit? The TNT y link kit seems sweet but very pricey.

Re does not sell a 7.5" long arm i dont think?

RE long arms are really good btw, very good company. I have a RE4.5 but for as much as i like RE, im looking for a new company to flant because all the bushings in that RE kit are freakin about as sturdy as a mass of used condoms, i need somethign with tougher rubber in the bushings

im on about 8" of lift wiht 37's, i used to run 4.5" lift with 36's... I also dont run bumpstops YET. now im amazed. i guess i was wrong. thats a first..:patriot: well looks like ill be running 40's pretty soon and yea i happen to like my fenders

you ran 36"s with 4.5? Im gonna be right around 4", and once i get that axle in im lookin to run the biggest tire i can within reason. hmmm should i go 35''s? i know i'll snap my stock 260 shafts in the front pretty quickly.. but other then that.. i can build around the tires!

well shit he's running 37's on 3" lift buy my 37's off me and throw them under your rig as well and ill be on the trails in no time.

well shit he's running 37's on 3" lift buy my 37's off me and throw them under your rig as well and ill be on the trails in no time.
37"s witha 4" lift:scared: thats insane man :helpme:

EDIT: went back and read...heh

Last edited:
Back